Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!??

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

what can i do to get my boyfriend to stop smoking before our baby is born? i have tried everything i can think of and nothing seems to work and he keeps saying he is going to but then he puts it off and we dont have that much time left! i quit the moment i found out i was pregnant and we were going to do it together except after a couple of days of "trying" he started again. i have even gone as far as saying i will leave him if he doesnt quit( he does not take that threat seriously) i am tired of nagging him and i feel he should want to for the sake of his child, if not for his own health!

pregnancy

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kir
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM

You can't MAKE somebody quit.  I smoked for ten years.  I quit for my reasons.  I was desperate.  What if you have someone drop him off in the woods with a tent and no car and no smokes for ten days.  LOL.

MrsBentine
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM

I would buy him those tobaccoless cigs.That is how I quit.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/photographerseek

natalierose
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM

i have never even heard of those, i will look them up... i know i cant make hime quit i just wish he would! lol i hate being a nag!

MrsBentine
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Oh and there is no nicotine in them either..

http://www.ecstacymelrose.com/herbalcigarettes.htm

conradsgirl5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Its hard to get someone to quit if they don't want to. Unfortunately, quitting for the sake of a child isn't enough sometimes. Maybe if you restricted where he smokes (like outside only - 20 ft. away from doors/windows) he may consider it too much of a hassle or realize how you feel about it. Good luck! I hope he comes around!! :)

ashleymalan23
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Wow I feel your pain. I TOO TRYED TO GET MY HUBBY TO QUIT BEFORE THE BABY AND HE TRIED FOR LIKE FOUR DAYS AND STILL STARTED UP AGAIN!!! HE EVEN TRIED ELECTRONICAL CIGRETTES THAT ARE $149.99.....BUT THEY HAVE NICOTINE IN THEM...www.smokeeverywhere.com ....FINALLY I JUST GAVE UP BECAUSE I TRIED FOR 6 YEARS.....FINALLY I REALIZED THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO!!! SOMEDAY I REALLY HOPE HE QUITS!!!

aliceryannesmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Maybe the miracle of seeing his child will help him decide to quit. It sounds like you've done everything you can, so it's up to him to take the initiative. My grandfather stopped smoking the day I was born because he realized how much harm he could do by chain-smoking around a precious baby. (I wish he had learned that with his OWN children instead of waiting for his first grandchild, but oh well...)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)