Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being pregnant in the winter vs being pregnant in the summer,

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

i was pregnant with my first child in the summer and i loved it, besides the hot weather, the clothes were more comfortable, especially flip flops, and in the winter you have to put on socks and shoes, and that is hard when you have a big belly hanging over and you run out of breath, plus the winter time i think sucks being pregnant, all you can wear when it is freezing like it is here, is sweatshirts and that just makes you look even bigger, and not real hot. so i like being pregnant in the summer vs the winter, i get to experice both, my daughter was in the summer, and this one is in winter,

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBentine
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Both of my boys were in the summer and this one in the winter.I prefer winter but I cant stand the heat and live in the crappy humid state of Texas! God i miss Colorado!! lol

http://www.cafemom.com/group/photographerseek

shadaisy89
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:24 PM

I was preggers for my twins the same time as now.  I love it because I hate the summer.  I also hated walking around having people stare at my belly.  In the winter I can hid it in a coat.  LOL

My 3 yr old twins

avegajenkins

I love being pregnant in the summer, but I experienced both my 1st DD was a winter baby (i didnt want to do that again- IN NYC wasnt fun at all) so my 2nd baby my DS was a summer baby JUNE! (it was much better)

But thankfully it doesnt matter now for my 3rd baby Because we moved to the SUNSHINE STATE ;) its beautiful its like spring/fall weather during the winter.

expecting girllistening to tunesbaby boypuppy

Lexi & Q         Jada (11yrs)   Jaylen (1yrs.)    Jazzy (3mos) PUG

kissmiss213

im the opposite. i loved being preggo in winter cause then i could bundle up, i always found really cute sweaters, and i always wear pants (even in the summer) so i didnt have to worry about the overheating process. i was miserable this last summer. but then again, i just prefer the clothes that i can wear in the colder months as well, even though i hate winter! lol. yeah, im weird like that.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
luvmybaby430

lol, yeah i guess that would make the difference, living in the south vs the north and being pregnant, cause it is not as cold in the south as it is here.

Quoting MrsBentine:

Both of my boys were in the summer and this one in the winter.I prefer winter but I cant stand the heat and live in the crappy humid state of Texas! God i miss Colorado!! lol

luvmybaby430
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM

i just like the light summer tops and the flip flops, i hate that now when i need to go to the grocery store, i look like  a whale with the sweatshirts and having to put on my socks and shoes, when in the summer, everything is cutter and i can just go with my flip flops.

doulala
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:40 PM

I have done both--   and MUCH prefer winter pregnancy....    We had record extreme weather each time, coincidentally, too.     :- /

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

SMASEH
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Right now I am 15 weeks in the winter time and I dont like it because of the flu and stuff.....I also think I will love when it gets warm and I can let the sun hit my belly.

Emmy217
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM

I was pregnant at the end of summer and winter (she was born in Jan). I prefew winter becasue I don't like being really hot. The only problem with winter is the weather (ICE!) I fell on the ice THREE times during my pregnancy (all when I was 8 and 9 months pregnant). My mom told me she was getting me a walker.  

haleyleedy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM

I loved being prego in summer!!!!!!

pregnancy

Sick of the Drama in other Pregnancy groups ??  Join Me at Pregnancy Support- NO DRAMA

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94049

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)