Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex hurts....

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was wondering if doing the deed hurts anyone else? For right now me and my husband have stopped having sex until I can go to my next appointment and find out if anything is wrong.  I don't hurt any when we are in the process but after I get up out of bed I feel a huge pressure around both of my ovaries and I feel like my whole stomach balls up in to a big knot. I never experience any bleeding or anything abnormal (other than the pain). It wasn't like this with my last pregnancy so I don't know what is causing it. Does it hurt anyone else like this and if so have you spoken to your doctor about it and what did they say?

pregnancy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nichol81
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Hmm I have not heard of that, that early on in pregnancy.

RockTheSocks
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:40 PM

You are having braxton hicks contractions after sex.   its totally normal.

lou_lous12
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I had the same thing and my DR said today that it is because the ligaments and muscles are stretching and they are just cramping after sex.. As long as theres no bleeding its ok, But i would ask youDR just in case

aliceryannesmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM

It sounds like you are probably having painful Braxton-Hicks contractions after the fact. I never felt them with my first, but they get downright painful with this pregnancy, especially after sex!

DH and I had to stop having sex because I was just too sensitive "down there" anyway. :-P My doctor said it was normal, and was likely because I am in my 2nd pregnancy less than 2 years after having my first. Bleh. Lame!

RustedRalncoat
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:45 PM

See I never would have guessed that was what it was from. I didn't think you had braxton hicks until late in pregnancy. I never had them with my son and I am terrified of them... How can you tell the difference from real or fake labor?

aliceryannesmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:48 PM

One of the primary things to pay attention to is that "real" contractions will usually be felt in your lower back and abdomen, and they do not ease up if you try walking or changing position. Braxton-Hicks are more often centered in/around your belly and some of your abdomen, and can often be relieved with massage, walking, stretching, etc.

Don't worry, BH are totally normal and you will probably feel them a lot during your pregnancy. Apparently it's more common to feel them earlier on in subsequent pregnancies...like I said, I never felt them at all with my first but have had them since very early on in this pregnancy!

Quoting RustedRalncoat:

See I never would have guessed that was what it was from. I didn't think you had braxton hicks until late in pregnancy. I never had them with my son and I am terrified of them... How can you tell the difference from real or fake labor?

misty0207
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:49 PM
The difference between real contractions and bh contractions are real contractions get progressively more painful and close together and they generally don't stop. BH contractions usually don't follow any pattern, the pain doesn't increase consistantly and they stop after 30 minutes or so. If you are contracting for more than 45 minutes steadily than they may be real contractions.
Quoting RustedRalncoat:

Use a condom or become republican...

in love baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)