Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my babys heart beat

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

heard it today for the first time :D its  161 beats a min...i cant wait till feb 2nd to know what it is :D

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Girlymommy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:42 PM

That's awesome! My baby's was 161 at the last appt too! I find out what we are having in 1 week and we are sooooo excited!

RustedRalncoat
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Yay, I heard mine for the first time about a week ago and it was 161 too :) must be a popular heart rate :)

pregnancy
SerasVictoria83
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:57 AM

150+ usually means girl : )

bmh26
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:06 AM

i heard mine last week and the babys was 180....

mylilangel72207
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:45 AM

hopefully thats right! lol i want a girl it'll be his 3rd but oh well..either boy or girl ill be happy though as long as its healthy

Quoting SerasVictoria83:

nicolea86
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM

At our 11 weeks u/s the baby's heart rate was 174 and then at 13.5 weeks the baby's heartrate was 156.....i asked the dr. if that was normal that it dropped and he said that it always drops a little at the beginning of the 2nd trimester.....I'm praying girl this time....I have 2 boys....3 boys would be so fun too though!

Mommy of 2 boys and a baby on the way.

MDWrestlingMom
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Not right for me..my girl stays in 145 range.. both of my boys were 130-140 range. It is just an old wives tale!

Quoting SerasVictoria83:

nicole4ray
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:52 AM

I'm jealous. I haven't even had my first appointment yet, let alone heard the heartbeat. I have to wait until January to listen to the heartbeat for the first time. :( Hopefully I can convince my doctor to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok this month, I have ovarian cysts, so I might be able to get him to check on those, and at the same time, check on the baby.

mylilangel72207
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM

it seemed to take forever for the day to come!!!!!! i was so ready to just go into the ER and lie so i can hear the heart beat or at least see the baby..im glad i waited it out though :D

Quoting nicole4ray:

I'm jealous. I haven't even had my first appointment yet, let alone heard the heartbeat. I have to wait until January to listen to the heartbeat for the first time. :( Hopefully I can convince my doctor to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok this month, I have ovarian cysts, so I might be able to get him to check on those, and at the same time, check on the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)