Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you eat Chinese food when your pregnant? what if it contains MSG?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

just curious, i hear your not suppose to do this or that, my first time pregnant. im just curious.

thanks in advance!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Krysten309
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:23 PM

MSG is not really good for you, but you can't avoid it by just not eating Chinese food. It's in all sorts of things. I wouldn't worry about it doing any harm to your baby. There are a lot of worse things you could be doing. MSG is just a hard one to get around!

-krysten
during pregnancy
"There is no fear in love; for perfect love casts out fear ... " 1 John 4:18
jen101487
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM

I haven't heard of not eating chinese food. I know not to eat sushi and that sort of thing though.

pregnancy week by week

SerasVictoria83
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:48 AM

I ate Chinese while I was pregnant. I didn't have any problems but just eat it moderately and you'll be fine.

katzmeow726
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:51 AM

I went to a chinese buffett today.  Sad thing is aversions kicked in on just about everything I ate there.  I ended up still feeling hungry after ward.  I"d avoid buffetts, but those small hole in the wall places that actually make meals aren't to bad.  Shrimp fried rice is a good friend of mine right now.

babiluv
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:36 AM

i just had chinese food for dinner tonight.. ive never heard anything bad about having certain kinds of foods during pregnancy.

pregnancy due date
katzmeow726
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:48 AM

They don't allow certain foods because of risk of illness.  Sushi is pretty obvious, raw oysters, certain types of soft cheese (feta, spreadable, etc) because of the type of pasteurization.  Its best to limit Tuna to twice a month because of high levels of mercury.  Egg Nog is fine as long as it is pasteurized, and limit chocolate becuase of high caffine.  So there are some restrictions.

Quoting babiluv:

i just had chinese food for dinner tonight.. ive never heard anything bad about having certain kinds of foods during pregnancy.

Necie72
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:55 AM

i've eaten it and a friend who was pregnant was eating it all the time!  i think they had an issue a while back where they had to cut the msg...  i know some of the restaurants now advertise that they don't use it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)