Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me please!!!!! My head hurts sooo bad!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM
  • 19 Replies

Im on day two of a headache from hell!!! Its in my left temple and just hurts sooo bad. 

I havent taken anything because I am scared to take any meds during pregnancy.

Does anyone know what I can do to help it?

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemybabys1106
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Tylenol is safe during pregnancy. I use a ice pack on my head when it hurts. Just lay in a dark room with the ice pack and sleep for a few hours

mommy2dennis
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Do i put the ice pack right where it hurts?

Quoting lovemybabys1106:

Tylenol is safe during pregnancy. I use a ice pack on my head when it hurts. Just lay in a dark room with the ice pack and sleep for a few hours

pregnancy calendar
mommiekk
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:41 PM

You can take tylenol but if it doesnt go away even if you do you need to go to the doctor because it could be your blood pressure, another thing that helped me was robitussin for a cold but it was the only thing that worked for my migraines and i took it even if i didnt have a cold.

tattooed mommy Pictures, Images and Photoscutest boy Pictures, Images and Photos
Expecting a girl Pictures, Images and PhotosMarine wife Pictures, Images and Photos

pamelam20
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Try drinking half a can of coke or something with caffeine in it. It will help.

Flare
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I found this for you hope it helps:

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/healthduringpreg/a/aaHeadaches.htm

I had headaches on my first pregnancy turns out I needed to drink more water. :).

mommy2dennis
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM

My husbad bought me a latte about 2 hours ago to try to help it.

Quoting pamelam20:

pregnancy calendar
andiebfreeman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:50 PM

You need to take some Tylenol and see if it goes away with that.  If it doesn't then you need to call the doctor because you could have dangerously high blood pressure, which would do more damage to your baby than a couple of Tylenol.  Good luck!

Debi979
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM

drink water. it's easy to get dehydrated when pregnant. so drink lots of water, and take tylenol if you need to.

Debi979
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:15 PM

That's not a very healthy recommendation. If you are going through caffeine withdrawals, then a headache for a few days is normal, but it will pass. Best thing to do is deal with it.

Quoting pamelam20:

sheena20
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Ya i know its going to sound weird but take bendryal...ya i know its for allergs but it has some thing in it to help with head achs..it opeans all ur vains or something like that it dose help and u can take it while beaing pregant..thats what they gave me when i went the ER over a hea ach or call ur OB doc and see what they will give u

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)