Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After delivery pain

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey ladies, So on last Sat I was induced and gave birth to my first baby girl. My thing is a few days ago I recognized this pain on the inside on the left of me that I have this sharp pain. Its not in the vagina part part but like an organ or something. Its a consistant pain that hasnt improve or gotten worst nor has it gone away. It hurts even more when I have a full bladder. It hurts when i sneeze, cough, blow my nose, trying to pass gas , etc. And I soon notice that this was the same type pain when I was in labor b4 the epidural. I mention it to the nurse and she figured that the baby was making the discomfort but its been a wk and the pain is still here. So my question is have any of you ladies experience this after childbirth or know some one that have? My Dr. is out of town and I dont want to go to the ER with a newborn. But I might have to tonight. Thank in advance and heres a pic or 2 of my precious newborn.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akaleela
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:51 PM
Anybody?
angelsusie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM

That pain is your uterus going back together and if your BFing its even worse it will last for about 3 weeks hon. It feels like contraction pains that come and go.

andiebfreeman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Does it hurt when you put external pressure on your abdomen?  If it does then you need to see a doctor because it could be a postpartum pelvic infection.  I've had one of those before and it's no biggie if it gets treated.  You just need antibiotics.

AdensMommy41407
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM

I had a uterine infection and kidney stones after I had my son. It was very uncomfortable. Worse then labor. When I moved the pain was so bad that I would throw up. It wouldn't hurt to get looked at.

Mommy to Aden
Wife to Jonathan

Aden's First time at the beach. 13 months

cat_2010
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Yes, it is your uterus contracting...it will feel like you should go back to the hospital, but this is supposed to happen.  Congratulations on your little girl!

akaleela
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM
no its not my uterus contractin iknow what those feel like this pain doesnt go away. but thanks
newmom111008
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I have no idea what it could be. I didn't have any pain after delivery. Good luck to you and your daughter is adorable!

SparklesNC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM

No idea what the pain is...but what a sweetie!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

CampersMama
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM
I would call the on call doctor!!! Congratulations on your baby girl! She is precious!! :) You need to make sure that you are taking care of yourself FOR her now too... so call the doctor :) Hope everything is ok :)
akaleela
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Thanks for all the comments on my baby girl I am so proud of her and thanks for the advice. I wish I could call the on call Dr but she doesnt have one. Ill just go ahead and go to the ER 2moro

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)