Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glucose Test...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, so Thursday I have to go have a glucose test done. I am supposed to not eat for 2 hours before and then I am supposed to drink that nasty stuff. What does it taste like? How did you feel afterwards? Do you know what the glucose number should be afer? I'm scared that its going to make me throw up and I will have to do it all over again.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom111008
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM

If you get the orange stuff it tastes like flat Sunkist soda

rellybelly
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:24 PM

I  liked it, got the orange kind...tasted like orange soda without the bubbles..they make you drink it so fast it was nice and cold..

angelita_0209
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:24 PM

To me, it tasted like a Coke but with an extra pound of sugar added in. It was disgusting, but bearable. I felt a little sick after, but I didn't pass out. I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about it too much.

sheena20
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM

I had the red one its NASTY to me anyways drink it real fast and its not soo bad..it can give u a head ach and make u feel like u wanna fet sick..or thats what it says on the bottle anyways..i dont know what the number are suppose to be sorry..

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM

I'm not good with really sweet stuff while I am pregnant. Dr.Pepper even makes me feel sick at my stomach.

Saffyre
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM

I thought it tasted like flat Sunkist soda too. I was a little loopy and nauseated from the sugar rush, but I didn't throw it back up. I was sick for like 2 days after though. I don't know what the number is supposed to be at. My test came back abnormal, so they wanted to do the 3 hour test - I asked if I could just get a glucose meter and keep track of it that way...my doc wrote a prescription for it and that is what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks.

I was worried I would throw it up too. Don't worry. You'll do fine.

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:29 PM

I drank the sprite looking one. I had the orange kind with my son and puked that up, so I was not doing that again...I needed to do the 1hr one and the 3hr one. For the 1hr you shouldn't need to fast. Just eat protein in the morning, like bacon or something of that sort. Eggs, etc. I'm a vegetarian, so I ended up fasting anyway, lol. Your number shouldn't be higher than 140, I believe.

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM

The sheet they gave me said not to eat 2 hrs before.

Quoting chairhead28:

I drank the sprite looking one. I had the orange kind with my son and puked that up, so I was not doing that again...I needed to do the 1hr one and the 3hr one. For the 1hr you shouldn't need to fast. Just eat protein in the morning, like bacon or something of that sort. Eggs, etc. I'm a vegetarian, so I ended up fasting anyway, lol. Your number shouldn't be higher than 140, I believe.

chel1195
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:33 PM

I remember it being salty.  It was awful!!  I puked it 3 times before I finally got it to stay down.  Yuck!  You have to keep it down the ENTIRE hour.  I am so not looking forward to it this time!

**I am Chelsie, 23 and I am a single and pregnant mom.  I met and married the love of my life at 18.  I devoted my world to him and the life I thought we were building, together.  I followed him as he joined the Army because, it was his dream.  I believed all the lies he whispered in my ear and now I am here.  Going through a rough divorce after discovering his affairs and carrying another one of his children.  So if I seem a little bitter on the topic of 'men' I'm sorry, just pass my reply right on up.**

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

jessicadwallace
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:33 PM

I guess that this proves that every doctor is different. :)  I was told to fast, no breakfast, and my numbers couldn't be higher than 120.  Crazy, huh???

Quoting chairhead28:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)