Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Size/ Dropping/ Numb?? Anyone know??

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ladies quick question...  I think my baby has dropped/ been dropping?  It just seems lower, my boobs no longer rest on my belly unless I am sitting, my ribs aren't killing me and I can breath most the time now too... also everyone is saying I actually look like my belly isn't growing anymore or that I actually look smaller then I did a little bit ago??  When your baby drops do you start to look smaller??  I think I saw something in someones post about this but I can't remember??  I figure some of you have to know.. I guess I have an appt in the morning so I can ask my doctor but he doesn't seem to have any answers for me!!  He's been really pissing me off lately and not been helpful at all!!!  UGH!!!  Anyways let me know what you think!!  Thanks girls!!! 

Another question... anyone elses belly go numb... like it itches and then when I touch it to itch it a little its numb??  Whats up with that??  Its mostly on the top part.. you know the counter top??

Oh and is anyone else jumping for joy!!!   I only have 5 weeks before I hit my 37 week mark!!  Not that I plan on having her then but it just gives me hope since I have been HATING this!!! LOL!!!  Thanks ladies!! :)

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Molly1205
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I'm not sure about the size and dropping.. but I had that same itchy/numb feeling at the left top of my belly.. everyone told me it was my ribs.. that she had probably bruised them from kicking so hard.  It was sore and numb for about 3 weeks after I had her. 

I didnt expect to have my little girl that early either, but I was induced at 36wks 4 days because she was measuring too small.  It goes by so fast, I know it's uncomfortable, but enjoy it while it lasts.. I actually missed being pregnant after I had her!

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM

not jumping for joy, I have so long to go.

The numbness is probably your skin is so streched its just at its wits end, hence the itching. Sadly, once the itching comes strech marks usually do to unless your a lucky one....b**ches....

And yes, some women look smaller. I dont think they are, its just the posistion and we arent used to seeing the belly moved that way when it was previously high and out there.

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

MarineGurl02
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:20 AM

Yes when you drop you will usually (not always) look smaller. You may even measure smaller since baby as dropped down into your pelvis.

jenjobrien
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:26 AM

When baby drops into the pelvis your tummy changes shape a little bit.  Its easier to breathe and you should have to pee alot more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)