Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9w3d preggers, have a fever and rising, what should I do?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey everyone.  I woke up this morning feeling totally fine.  Later on this evening, I started feeling achey.  I took my temp about 15 min ago and it was a 99.4.  I took it again just now and it was a 99.7  I think I might be getting the flu.  I have a scheduled dr appt tomorrow for an ultrasound anyway, but what can I do in the mean time?  I feel miserable.  And at what temp should I be getting concerned?

Sorry, this is all new territory for me.  At least I see the dr first thing tomorrow.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BabyBumbleBee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:45 PM

I am now at 100.1...

ashybaby87
These Pinch Tops are featured in the Summer Essentials Guide! THINK BEYOND just for eyeglasses/sunglasses... Make great teachers gifts when adding a gift card or treats in the inside as well as makes a fun summer wristlet when you pair it with one of our Wristlet Straps for $8 more!! http://bit.ly/2HkIDVW
Yesterday at 2:33 PM
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Call your doctors office & speak to the nurse/doctor on duty & see what they suggest. You're probably ok but they may suggest you go to the ER.

Click here to learn more

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM

You can take tylenol. If you are really concerned call the on-call # (if you have one) to see what they recommend.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Until your temp is 102 or more, youre fine.

You can take TYLENOL cold meds, the liquid or the pill (I had a 104 and they said only use that brand). Don't bother trying to find one that does not  have cough as a symptom... oi dont think they sell one...

If you can avoid the meds and drink a warm drink, take a shower, and go to bed...that would be best. But the meds wont harm you. I had to take them for 2 weeks last pregnancy bc I swear I was dyinnngg. My fever and vomiting wouldnt go away if I had paid it.

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

BabyBumbleBee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Ohhh, thats horrible!  I hope I don't end up in that same boat!  :(

Ok, well thank you everyone for your suggestions.  Feel free to leave more... but I am going to take Lovin_LiL_ViC's advice.  If I can't sleep or get worse I may come back on here to see what everyone else has said.

Thanks again everyone

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

Until your temp is 102 or more, youre fine.

You can take TYLENOL cold meds, the liquid or the pill (I had a 104 and they said only use that brand). Don't bother trying to find one that does not  have cough as a symptom... oi dont think they sell one...

If you can avoid the meds and drink a warm drink, take a shower, and go to bed...that would be best. But the meds wont harm you. I had to take them for 2 weeks last pregnancy bc I swear I was dyinnngg. My fever and vomiting wouldnt go away if I had paid it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)