Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excitment of the 1st time teenage mom.

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM
  • 17 Replies

Question: Are you due in Jan.?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

Well, as some of you may know already. I'm 17 and completely excited about my newborn's arrival. I am supposed to be having a little baby girl; the ultrasound proved it to be 98% sure. Hopefully it is 100% sure, because if it isn't I'm going to have to take a lot of stuff back! Everything is pink. The name I have picked out for my little angel is Harley Rose. I've chosen this name for three reason.
1. Rose is my middle name!
2. Rose is her Great Grand Mothers 1st name.
3. Harley because I love Harley Davidson and I think the name is adorable for a little girl.

Although I am extremely excited about the arrival of my little one; I am also scared to death of the delivery. I am new to everything that has happened to me in the past 9 months, and I honestly have no idea what to expect. Hopefully everything goes well. ((pray for me))
I'm so not wanting a C-section, but I will do whatever is suitable for my baby's well being. I haven't even met the little booger and she is already the center of my world.

Also, if any of you have some constructive advice for me, don't be afraid to let me know. I am very open minded and would love to hear something that will help me in the delivery room or when she comes home for the 1st time. Like I said before, I am new to all of this and need all the guidance I can get. I know I can be a great mother, and I'm sure I will do fine, but a little help never hurt anyone.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:01 PM

First of all, relax about delivery. I proble had one of the worst expirences of all, and let me tell you a few months fly by and you forget the pain. I would get the epidural, i did and it was so comforting! Getting it done wasnt bad at all you just feel pressure. i would have some nice socks to keep warm, my feet got cold, and make sure you have somone there to talk to ( my hubby slept most of the time). Also learn to focus on other things, and dont be afraid to ask for help and tell them how you feel!

good luck, i am sure you will be fine

by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM

I just had my first baby 4 weeks ago (im 21).  I took a few childbirth classes and thought I would be totally prepared for the labor and delivery... Well I found they ended up inducing me at 36 wks 5 days.. I completely forgot everything I had learned, but everything still went great, It just comes to you, and you will know what to do.  The doctors and nurses will help you through everything.  Its an amazing experience.  The only advice I have for you is get plenty of rest.. I didnt do that and by the time the pushing came, I was so exhausted I was falling asleep between the pushes... Congratulations and I will be praying for you!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Trust yourself, don't be pushed around bc of your age.

I was 19 when I had my oldest and the nurses at the hospital treated me like I was completely stupid.  When I said I didn't need any more in my epidural they told me I didn't know what I was talking about and did it anyways, which made me so numb I couldn't feel to push and ended up pushing for 2 hours and needed a forceps delivery due to exhaustion.  I have 2 other births since then and they listened and baby was out in 2 pushes or less.

Oh and remember on those sleepless nights, that this too shall pass.  No explanation needed you will figure that out on

Laugh bc sometimes it's all you can do to keep from going insane.  And cherish every second bc you will blink and miss so much.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I don't know much about little girls (I have a 3 y/o boy!) but, I am thinking pink this time!  Relax.  It's going to be ok :).  You'll be just fine!  Sleep when she sleeps and always trust your instinct!  Don't be afraid to call the doctor and don't be afraid to ask for help. 

**I am Chelsie, 23 and I am a single and pregnant mom.  I met and married the love of my life at 18.  I devoted my world to him and the life I thought we were building, together.  I followed him as he joined the Army because, it was his dream.  I believed all the lies he whispered in my ear and now I am here.  Going through a rough divorce after discovering his affairs and carrying another one of his children.  So if I seem a little bitter on the topic of 'men' I'm sorry, just pass my reply right on up.**

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Little girls are great!! I have a 2 year old and I have another little girl on the way!! I can't wait fpr her to get here. I am not due in Jan but I am due in march so thats not far off. Don't be scared about the delivery, that was my biggest worry before I had my first daughter but it wasn't bad at all. I got induced so my contractions were on top of eachother for a while before I could get my epidural, but once I got it it was smooth sailing, I had no pain at all during the delivery, I even had an episiotomy and didn't feel a thing, when I was pushing I couldn't feel the contractions but I felt like I had to push if that made sense. You will be fine. And if you have to have a c-section then your right you do whatever you have to do to protect your child and keep them healthy and make sure they enter the world safely. I love the name you picked out, I love how you are using Rose which seems to have some as a family name. Jan is right around the conrner so she will be here very soon and I am so excited that you are so excited about her arrival!!

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Congratulations!! I had my baby girl on June 27th. She is my first. I was terrified of the labor and delivery but once the time came, it wasn't so bad. Even though I was in pain, I just kept thinking "at least this pain isn't for nothing." Unlike having a severe migraine or something like that and just getting pain you will have a beautiful baby to show for it. I had a natural l/d (no drugs) but did require an episiotomy because my "little' girl needed more room to make her entrance. If you have any questions about a natural l/d please feel free to message me! 

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Congrats, and like a previous poster said...don't let anyone push you around just because they think you're young. It's your baby and body! Little girls are sooo much fun, my "little girl" is 9 years old now. Not that my lil guy isn't, I love him just as much :o) You're going to get a lot of different advice on here, but my advice is..don't listen to most of it. Especially the debbie downers. Last thing you want to be is terrified!

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 1:38 AM

I'm having my third girl this month. My oldest is a boy, 7, and my daughters are 5 and 3. Kids are awesome. Little girls are super cute, and the clothes are always a blast. Both of my girls are really sweet, my 5 year old in particular is so affectionate and loving. All the love and attention you give them really comes back when they get a little older, all the kisses and sweet words you shower them with when they are babies all end up being showered right back on you. I don't have much amazing advice, your instinct and love for your baby, no matter what your age, will always guide you to try your best and do the best possible thing you can for your baby. The fact that you are so happy and excited is awesome, and all of that will make even the times that are harder seem managable, and no matter what, it will always be worth it, because you will love her more than anything even imaginable. Even when I was pregnant with my son I never could have imagined how full my heart would be with love when I met him and held him. You will do great, just always remember to show her exactly how much you love her...a baby can never be spoiled by too much love or attention, that's what they need to get through life. Good luck to you!!

by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:05 AM
all I have to say is good luck! You'll do great, and that name is ADORABLE!!!! Very unique and feminine in a weird way! =) I love it!
Sam is still in hiding!
His reservation in Hotel Uterus expired
Thursday, December 11th!
Please come out so Mommy and Daddy can meet you!
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:23 AM

GET THE DRUGS!!! With that being said I think I have nothing else lol...

Seriously though I was induced with my 4 yr old and had the epidural, soooooo nice!!  He and I ended up having a few issues and I ended up getting a C-Section... Not tons of fun but I dealt with it...  Little advice while your in the hospital don't feel bad to ask the nurse to take the baby to the nursery for a little while for you to get some rest...  That first night after I had him was the best sleep I had for a while, then again I'm sure the morphine button helped A LOT with that lol... Oh poop IDK it's late and I need to get to bed...  Prego brain+ total exhaustion= well everything I just typed hehe...  If you have any questions feel free to email me on here...  Good luck momma :D

Elaine... Mommy to Jakub (4 years old) and Kyle (due to arrive Dec 26th via C-Section)

boy on a swing              pregnant belly                its a boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)