Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH!! i hate WIC people..

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

so i went in to my wonderful wic appointment yesterday and they were scoulding (sp?) me about how small my belly is!!! saying that my baby is going to be small & just going on & on about how small i am. practically yelling at me about it.

well...i went to see my doctor today & she said my weight gain is right on the dot (30lbs) & everything is pefectly fine. my baby is in my back so lucky me i get back labor. but she said wic is crazy & not to listen to them.

I HATE WIC!!!!! the only reason why i go there is because i crave milk.

does anyone else get any problems from those wacky people?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hotmoma2006
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM

They were always telling me the opsite of what my dr. would say. My dr. started rice cereal in the milk cause of severe acid reflex wic said no, all kinds of crazy stuff

Nichol81
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Mine have been fine. They did tell me to try and gain a bit more weight LOL! I have gained 23 lbs, I am perfectly fine with that and so is my doctor.  Oh and they called yesterday and asked if I can bring my baby in on Thursday so they help me with the breastfeeding.  Only problem is I have NOT had her yet!!  I am not due yet either LOL

dragonmomma02
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:57 AM

ya people at WIC can be crazy they usually go right by the books and crap i always listen to my doc first

preview photopreview image

sofienguyen08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Yes, I have heard them WIC people are crazy. My friend is on WIC, and whenever she goes down there. They check her weight and scolds her for not being larger (she's pregnant and her weight is on the dot).

darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM

You should see the fit they throw when they weigh me. I am 35 weeks and weigh less now than I did pre-pregnancy. I lost weight with my first too. I am just one of those people that do that. Both of my babies are good size.

pregnancy week by week
ErikaM27
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Report them for being so unprofessional. You're there to get coupons not to be bitched at about your weight etc. They are not Dr's so don't worry what they say. I would have told them that.

momof2plusone
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Yes I hate the workers. I know they are doing there job but there job is not to make us feel bad. I went to my appointment last month and the nutrionist was mad cause I had lost an additional 2 pounds. Since my appointment I have gained 5 pounds and my doctor is not concerned at all. My babies are both healthy WIC Lady can kiss it!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Steph1499
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:04 PM

LOL  Ohhh I hate Wic too.   WHen i was pregnant they said i wasnt gaining weight and I was like hello woman i am 100 pounds over weight  and the doc said she didnt want me to gain to much.  At the end i shot up a little and in total gained like 30 pounds.  Wic also told me  my son was over weight  hes 6 and 41 inched tall and 57 pounds.  Wic is nuts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)