Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blighted Ovum

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm still waiting for a miscarriage.  My doctor hasn't called me back since my last sonogram.  All he says I have to do is wait.  I can't wait much longer it is driving me crazy.  I don't know what to do.  The next step would be a DNC and I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet.  Any advice would be helpful.

Jenny2327

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:01 PM

have they re checked your HCG levels? I was told I had a blighted ovum early in this pregnancy. When they rechecked my HCG levels they had actually began increasing again. Another ultrasound showed a heartbeat.  I wish you luck.

pregnancy week by week
funmomof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Oh I'm so sorry!!  My friend had one and they did a DnC on her.  I'm sorry for your loss!!

Kelley

busy momexpecting girl

buttercup33
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM

when i had mine i lost it at 6 weeks, found out at 10 weeks and miscarried at 12 weeks. it takes time.

PiecesofFaith
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM

I never actually miscarried my blighted ovum.  They had to do the D&C because I ended up with what they call a missed miscarriage.  I am so sorry this happened to you.  Don't let anyone say that because there was no baby, you should get over it quicker.  It takes time to heal from this, I promise.  There is even a group for women who have suffered from this type of pregnancy.  It's not as uncommon as you would think, but you hardly hear about it until after you suffer from this.

Steven Wallace
baby

My sweet Allison Faye!!!
baby
It's a boy Pictures, Images and PhotosDue in May Pictures, Images and Photos Mommy Pictures, Images and Photos

my_fallen_angel
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Are they SURE that you HAVE a blighted ovum???

They told me that I did with this preg but it was just too early too see- a few weeks later sure enough there was the heartbeat!

I would ask for a repeat u/s and hcg levels before you discuss doing a D&C.

Good luck.

Baby Owen is coming soon- Joshua is going to be a BIG BROTHER! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)