Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby heartbeat Monitor (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone else had much experience or luck with these darn things? I have one that is about 5 years old, a cheap Walmart thing. I thought it was pretty useless w/ my first. And still think it is with this baby too. The only thing I can hear besides static is when the baby kicks. Anybody else had more luck and how far along were you when you did?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JEM86
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM

i bought a doppler and loved it!

southernbell118
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM

I rented mine from Baby Beat ,com when I was 3 mos pregnant, and I have heard a great heartbeat on it since then, hiccups, yawning,  gulping and I love it.  Nights when I get anxious and think something is wrong, I just put it on my belly and I hear a heartbeat, it is so worth the $24 a month in rent.  I feel close to him when I hear his heartbeat and I don't have to wait weeks and weeks for an ultrasound,  I talk to him and listen to his heart rate change as he tries to interact with me.  They say they can hear you and respond by heart beat.  Meaning when they get interested, their heart rate goes up some.  They send it in a box, with the gel, the directions, and then a label to send it back when you are done.  TRUST me $24 is way worth not having to go to the ER if baby hadn't moved all day and your worried about it.  I LOVE MINE!  And I get to send mine back in less than two months.  There is no background noise or anything.  I would recommend it to anyone.  Good luck mommy

Tammy

rubygirllv
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I got mine from toy's r us. I got it about 4 mnths in. I had a c-section and some of my tummy is still numb (even after 2 1/2 years) so I got one and I used it. I could hear her moving that way. She was 2 small for me to feel.

CTMomma1211
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:39 AM

I have an actual OB/GYN grade one like they use in doctors offices and I finally heard around 15 weeks. I had a cheapo one from walmart with my first, and I never heard anything.

I am a 23 year old, BIRTH advocate, mother of Camden, pregnant with my second, due in May, VBAC hopeful, ICAN Supporter, Pro CHOICE, Breastfeeding, outspoken, cesarean hating, birth & postpartum doula, Red Sox loving, Marine Wife, democrat, LIBERAL, Obama Momma.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I have a HearTones I paid about $600 for and I loved it....worked from 12 weeks in both pregnancies...

babycowart
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:07 PM

i got a cheap one with my first and it was a piece of crap too.  it wasn't worth the plastic they made it with.

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:11 PM

I got one for babies r us last year and i love it. Waiting until I am far enough along/remember to buy batteries for it this time. If its really staticy, you probably have it turned up too loud. That happens with mine. When i turn it down it goes away but the heart beat is still loud.

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Wow everyone is always saying how it never works for them... are you waiting until far enough along maybe? Mine worked from the day I got it loud and clear. I used to use it every night and  actully broke the head phones from falling asleep on them haha. I never had a single problem! Plus I loved that I could reccord the beat to my computer for emails.

Quoting babycowart:

i got a cheap one with my first and it was a piece of crap too.  it wasn't worth the plastic they made it with.

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

jgirl04
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:21 PM

I rented mine from a website and I've been hearing him since the day I got it.

expecting boy

CTMomma1211
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I used mine from 35 weeks on and never heard anything.

Quoting Lovin_LiL_ViC:

Wow everyone is always saying how it never works for them... are you waiting until far enough along maybe? Mine worked from the day I got it loud and clear. I used to use it every night and  actully broke the head phones from falling asleep on them haha. I never had a single problem! Plus I loved that I could reccord the beat to my computer for emails.

I am a 23 year old, BIRTH advocate, mother of Camden, pregnant with my second, due in May, VBAC hopeful, ICAN Supporter, Pro CHOICE, Breastfeeding, outspoken, cesarean hating, birth & postpartum doula, Red Sox loving, Marine Wife, democrat, LIBERAL, Obama Momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)