Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can not for the life of me

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

Remember what a contraction feels like. This is my 3rd baby!!! You would think that I couldnt forget right??? well I guess I can, I am having "pains"   and my belly is tightening but I can not figure out if it is the baby or contractions. LOL I remember them being high and these are low....Uh I guess I know when they really start hurting!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommy2BeFeb2009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM

You will know, but one tell tale sign is when you feel the pain coming, put your hand between your ribs and belly.  You will be able to feel it turn rock hard and gradually soften back up. 

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!
pregnancy calendar
jenjobrien
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Its probably Braxton Hicks, Ive been feeling them low in my belly lately.  They kinda hurt but mostly feel uncomfortable.

HopefulTaurus
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM

It sort of sounds like BH contractions.  Just do the usual: drink some water, sit or lay down to get the contractions to subside.  If they persist, just monitor the timing (but this part I am sure you are an expert at).  The contractions from labor sort of take your breath away, at least that is what I remember, along with sort of bending at the pressure of them, if I was standing.  I wish you luck with your upcoming delivery (sometime in the next month).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)