Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

un freaking! Believable! (Rant semi-long)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM
  • 30 Replies

So my husband has been a complete baby for the past couple of weeks because he really wants an xbox 360.  I have been giving him a little bit of a hard time about it because our little one is due in just a couple of months and i cant see where that is really going to fit into out plans.  not to mention that he is in his last semester of school in a couple of weeks and between that and the new baby i just cant see where he is going to find the time to play the damn thing.  Anyways i went ahead and got it for him (the thing costs 200 dollars by the way).  So i went to my dr appt today and asked if i were going to get another chance at an u/s and she told me that i only get the one that i  got a couple of months ago. So im all sad and i brought up to him how i really really want to go to one of those u/s places and get another one and they can do the 3-D ones and i can see what my little man is going to look like.  This costs about 150 dollars and the closests place is 2 hours away from here so there would be gas money involved as well and my husband is blowing up about it.  Im pretty sure he knows that i got him his stupid xbox because he hasnt brought it up in like a week so now that hes got what he wants everything else can go to hell.  I mean its not only the u/s its everything.  He gives me a hard time everytime i want to buy something for the baby too.  and hes making me skimp in christmas presents for everyone else!  im sorry but my husband is being so selfish right now and im on the verge of tears.  He just left a minute ago to go to the gym and as soon as he left i went ahead and made the u/s appt.  screw him!  and let me just mention that im a waitress and can go into work and make more than enough to cover the u/s and pay for the whole thing in cash so our bank acct wouldnt get taxed for it.  I just dont understand him sometimes!  Im sorry this is kinda long but im in just so angry right now.  Anyways, thanks for listening ladies! 

pregnancy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BooBear81
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM

return the xbox- it is SATAN and all of them should be destroyed!

I am serious- it's just not worth having in the house, it will swallow him whole...

jbardwell
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM

You go girl!  You have a right to be selfish for yourself.  I would do the same thing. 

Merry Christmas!!!

Jennifer

Savvychick
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM

good for you. I Would of done the same thing.

Samanthamommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM

He'll be butt hurt- but seriously, I agree with the previous poster- return the x-box. You two are going to stop fighting about what money is being spent, and start fighting because A-L-L he'll do is play x-box....

I love my son
pregnancy calendar
raerae1011
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:21 PM

no offense but you really shouldn't have bought him the xbox.  it's a waste of money and time.  plus how come you only get one u/s?  all the pregnant people i know go for one every like 2-4 weeks it seems.

amanda0320
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you!  For the support on this!  i mean his whole point is that the baby is coming out in just 10 weeks so we will know soon enough what he is going to look like but thats not the point!  it will not be the same as seeing him while he is still a part of me.  And he didnt spend nearly as much on me for christmas so i think that some of this could make up fo rthe difference dont you?

pregnancy
BooBear81
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM

and if you do keep it- DON'T- I repeat- DON'T let him subscribe to XBOX Live or get the upgraded head set.... *shudders* Then there is no end to the madness...

It's like having 20 teenage boys in your living room, blowing things up and forgeting that there is a world outside of the TV...

I am hiding ours a week before the baby is due and he won't be getting it back until he takes the trash out on a regular basis....

amanda0320
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM

None taken.  i feel really stupid for buying it but like i said he was being such a baby about it that we probably would have fought if i hadnt gotten it for him so either way it would have been a lose lose situation.  And i only get one because my insurance will only pay for one.  Unless there is a medical reason to have another one.  And to do it at the drs office it would cost me 400 dollars and they only do the reg. u/s, no 3-d or anything like that. 

Quoting raerae1011:

no offense but you really shouldn't have bought him the xbox.  it's a waste of money and time.  plus how come you only get one u/s?  all the pregnant people i know go for one every like 2-4 weeks it seems.

pregnancy
SarahGreenwood
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I would so return the x-box. I honestly don't see the point in a grown MAN having one in the first place. You've got a baby coming for goodness sake, man. He needs to grow up. Your baby will need diapers more than your man needs to have something else to take his attention away. A little side...I also don't really see the point in having a 3-D ultrasound. It's an extravagence...an extra...something that you'll look at and then put away. You'll have the real thing soon enough.

(Please ignore the hormonal rantings of the angry pregnant woman...someone needs to feed her.)

~Sarah

jonezy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:29 PM

well you could have taken the xbox360 back to pay for the ultrasound.  if you've got it cover though, then i wouldn't feel bad.  i have a video game freak husband also.......i know how annoying it can be.  every new game that comes out, they somehow find a way to get it!  i used to care but now i just say NO!  not to mention the game takes away from our time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)