Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trip to L&D

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

well some of you might remember i posted a topic wondering if i just had a bug or not well i kept contracting and they started to get regular (about every 10min) yesterday so i ended up going and good thing i did i was contracting every 1-3 min but wasnt feeling all of them....they ended up giving me 2 more shots of tributaline to stop them and it worked thankfully before it started making me dialate...they put me on bedrest until my apt with my ob tomorrow and they said i would most likely get put on the pill form of tributaline.....so now i get to be bored and sit on my butt all day....its going to drive me nuts i cant stand sitting still for to long..but id rather have lil one be safe and me be bored and going crazy then something happening to her....

Just figured id update everyone on what was going on...hopefully she will wait till at least 37-38wks and for daddy to get here to see her be born.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nici3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Glad everything is under control and ok. How far along are you?

pregnancy due date
SoldiersWife006
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM

ill be 34wks tomorrow....(2nd time ive had to have contrations stopped since my accident ont he 28th of nov)

sexy_with_5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:35 PM

it's not that bad. I had to be put on it with my fourth son the terb pills and all

ElizabethBailey
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

You will be fine. The terb pills aren't that bad...just make you feel like youre on speed is all. Be glad you dont have to do Mag. I had to do all that jazz with both my kids...well just Mag with my oldest now I take shots every week to prevent that from happening so badly.

My oldest though was born at 33 1/2 weeks and he is perfectly healthy....My youngest was born 34 1/2 weeks...and he is perfectly healthy. If you can hold out the longer the better. Must warn you...most hospital protcals are they wont stop you after 34 weeks...but your hospital might be different.

Just take it easy and dont do alot and you will probally be alright...but still feel rest assured if your baby comes now...he/she will fine..just have to have a bit of extra attention for a little while..Which no mom likes...but it could be worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)