Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids sharing rooms... ideas, pics needed please!!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:10 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi Ladies... So I live in a not so huge house that I would LOVE to sell right now but yeah right hello bad economy :( SO my 2 yr old will have to share her room with baby when he or she comes in June and I hate the idea but until things start to shape up and we can get a fair price outta our house we are stuck here. So I need ideas, pics would be awesome if you have your new baby sharing a room with sibling..Thanks in advance!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM

well what are the sexs of your children? can you show us the shape and set up of what  you already have since I am assuming 2yr old wont get all new bedding, furniture, ect

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

mrhjoyce
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

My boys have shared a room since my youngest son was 6 months, before that he was in our room in a bassinet. I don't have any pictures on my computer but basically on one side was the crib and the other my older sons bed and in the middle 1 dresser and opposite my older sons bed was the other dresser.  At that point we had a toy room so it made it easier, but then we had my daughter, and we were still in our 2 bedroom house and it was INSANE!!!  But we've moved since then and it's better now, and the boys have bunkbeds, which they love!  I like that they share a room and even when we have a house that's big enough for them to have their own rooms, I don't think we'll do it, maybe when they're teenagers or something.  They like sharing a room too though.

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Well my son already has the green Whinnie the Pooh bedding, so with my girl I am going to do the pink Whinnie the Pooh bedding. One bed will be on one side and the other on the other. The changing table and dresser will be in the middle and they can share the Whinnie the Pooh decorations.

lovemybabys1106
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I live in a three bedroom house but one of the rooms is really really tiny. I wanted the girls to have plenty of room to play so I decided to put the girls beds in the smallest room and put their toys in the big room and make that the play room, I am still in the process of decorating with money the way it is we cant afford to do alot right now but hopefully by this summer we will have the rooms painted and ready to go.

I am going to do a butterfly/fairy theme, Megans bed will have tinkerbell bedding and when we can afford it the baby will get butterfly or fairy ( whatever I find) bedding. Their walls above their bed will have purple letters spelling out their names and Butterflys on the windows.

The playroom will be done in a cartoon theme, All of my DDs favorite cartoon charecters ( wubbzy, dora, etc.) painted on the walls.

my_fallen_angel
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

We have a small place too- well it's good sized but only 2 br.

So our new DS will be sharing with DS #1-

We just set the crib on the opposite side of the room as the bed, and have letters above each with their names, I put our glider in the middle of the crib and bed at the top of the room with a stand and a lamp. Then, on the other wall across from the bottoms of the crib and bed is the bureau (it's very big)

I don't know if I described it well enough lol

That is DS who is 3's side of the room- we are still looking for matching bedding. His toys are in the corner at the end of the bed, and the rest are in the closet. to the left of the bed is the glider.

That is DS to be's crib and side of room- I put DS Joshua's Elmo tool bench at the bottom of the crib there..

That's an idea of it anyway lol

Baby Owen is coming soon- Joshua is going to be a BIG BROTHER! :-)

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:28 PM

My boys will have their own rooms, but me and my brother shared a room for some time.  We lived in a small house and it worked for us.  We were super close because of it too.  I know everyone is going to say it is wrong since we were opposite sex, but it's not like we changed in front of each other or anything like that.  The way my mom did it was decorate each side of the room with the different themes that we wanted.  We shared a room for years, until I think I was 11 or 12.  Even when we didn't share a room I would go stay in his room a lot of times at night....we had some issues with my step-dad and it just felt safer for me....LONG story....anyway there is nothing wrong with children sharing rooms.  Even if the room isn't huge, you can make it work.  You could also find a theme that will work for both of them.  GL

babies
mhmoj
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I used my DDs crib set and just bought a plain white comforter for her new bed. This way they would match. I will also put letters above the crib once we pick a name.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM

That is cute but you are way braver than I am picking white....my lil man would turn that all sorts of colors after just a few short mins...LOL

Quoting mhmoj:

I used my DDs crib set and just bought a plain white comforter for her new bed. This way they would match. I will also put letters above the crib once we pick a name.

babies
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Here's my kids new room.....it's a work in process still. My son got to pick it out for him and him sister. (she will be getting her own soon) Here's what it looks like right now. His walls are the yellow with the sports and her is the wood. We had to bulid that room b/c they knocked the walls out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)