Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kidney issues...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Have any of you had issues with your kidneys while being pregnant?  I have pretty sensitive kidneys and have had issues with them since I was younger.  Does it feel different when you are pregnant than when you aren't?  I am 24 weeks and am having terrible back pain in my lower back and it kind of wraps around.  It hurts more on the right than on the left and I am starting to wonder if it isn't something wrong with my kidneys like an infection or something because nothing is helping it.

babies
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM

BUMP

babies
MAMA-MANDI
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I had an abstructed kidney when i was pregnant with my first, but it hurt mostly in my right side. I wish i could help more but i have never had a kidney infection.. bump

Mandi
sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Thanks I have an appt with my OB tomorrow and am going to mention it, I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight.

Quoting MAMA-MANDI:

I had an abstructed kidney when i was pregnant with my first, but it hurt mostly in my right side. I wish i could help more but i have never had a kidney infection.. bump

babies
chel1195
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:09 PM

With my son I went seriously close to kidney and liver failure.  My body was shutting down.  It did feel like I had a HORRIBLE kidney infection.  My urine got thick and dark.  Almost like burnt orange colored syrup.  I had pre-eclampsia that had been missed for months.  Talk to your doctor ASAP.  Let him know your concerns- he needs to be testing you to see what is going on.  I was having seizures and it was not caught. 

**I am Chelsie, 23 and I am a single and pregnant mom.  I met and married the love of my life at 18.  I devoted my world to him and the life I thought we were building, together.  I followed him as he joined the Army because, it was his dream.  I believed all the lies he whispered in my ear and now I am here.  Going through a rough divorce after discovering his affairs and carrying another one of his children.  So if I seem a little bitter on the topic of 'men' I'm sorry, just pass my reply right on up.**

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

MommyIvy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM

I had that same kind of thing going on also. At first they thought it was a UTI but then they found out it was BV.

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM

My urine isn't dark or anything and I haven't had a kidney infection since I was 17, so I don't know if I just have a really bad back ache or if it has something to do with my kidneys.  I have an appt with my OB tomorrow, so I will talk to him about it then.

Quoting chel1195:

With my son I went seriously close to kidney and liver failure.  My body was shutting down.  It did feel like I had a HORRIBLE kidney infection.  My urine got thick and dark.  Almost like burnt orange colored syrup.  I had pre-eclampsia that had been missed for months.  Talk to your doctor ASAP.  Let him know your concerns- he needs to be testing you to see what is going on.  I was having seizures and it was not caught. 

babies
sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM

BV???  What's that?

Quoting MommyIvy:

I had that same kind of thing going on also. At first they thought it was a UTI but then they found out it was BV.

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)