Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower games?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

What are some good baby shower games to play? I need some hints. ABout how many should you play at a shower?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM

How many depends on the type of people (its really about keeping them interested bc their not getting the  gifts lol) and the time alloted to the shower.

I did baby bingo, I always liked that game.

I also did which wasn't really a game.. I was still undecided on a name so everyone had to pick a slip of paper from a bucket. When they unfolded it there was a Letter  written on it. When everyone got to open theres they had to come up with as many boy names for that letter, without sharing, before the clock stopped. Then they had to pass  them all back to me. I didnt have time to go over them until I was home.

I like the guess the belly size game. They all cut a piece of string, some do before you get there and some do after you  get there depending on how often you see them. Then who ever has the string that fits nicest around your belly wins the game.

Oh and if you wanna spend the money either dress the baby or diaper the baby. You pass out baby dolls with clothes or diapers and who ever dresses or diapers the child CORRECTLY the fastest wins.

If all else fails there is always pin the paci on the baby, which is great for unisex showers with alcohol...

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

TeriMommy2Boys
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM

You can always google Babyshower games and tons will pop up.....But I will give you a few that I like....Get a bowl of uncooked rice and put tiny safety pins in it, and put the person in a blind fold and have her find the safety pins.......I also like guess the candy bar...Get some diapers and put some melted candy bars in them, and have them take a taste of the "poo-poo" diaper and write down what candy bar they think it is............and of course you can do crossword puzzles, or word search..................Get a giant container and put a whole bunch of baby items in it and pass it around for a minute and then put it away and then have everyone try and remember what was in the container......those are few ideas....good luck...and I would try and do at least 4 games

Lovin_LiL_ViC
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Or guess the nursery rhyme which i find too easy to be exciting but they have done it at almost  every shower I have been to.

They give you a line to a nursery rhyme and who ever can name it or finish it wins

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

mom2_1princess
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM

I dont really know but I can tell you what we did at mine. 

Game #1.  Finish the nursery rhyme (nursery rhymes printed up missing a word or two that you had to finish), whoever could do the most won. 

#2.  Take a spool of yarn or string, and have people try to guess how long the yarn would have to be to fit around your waist/baby belly and cut it off at however long they thought, then whoever was the closest wins (I thought this one was just mean! Especially because my five year old picked a string as long as she was tall). 

#3.  number jars of baby food, write down what they are, and then take the labels off. everyone will then have to guess what is in each jar and write down their guesses next to the numbers.  whoever gets the most right wins.

#4.  take little condiment cups or icecube trays and fill with water, then put a tiny plastic baby in them and freeze.  when the party starts, give one to each guest, and whoever's unfreezes first to allow the plastic baby out (or the "water breaks") wins.  This one is good for kids, my daughter really liked it. 

#5. write the mother and father's name on a piece of paper horizontally, and then try to think of as many baby items as you can that start with each letter of the parents names, whoever thinks of the most wins.

I cant remember any more than that.

mna_823
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM

One game that I think is funny that I haven't found online is a game called "guess the poop".  You take a cheap diaper and number them, melt brands of chocolate bars in them, then you pass them around.  Each guest has a pen and paper , and they try to guess which chocolate bar is in what diaper.  You don't have to give them any hints, at least they didn't at my shower.  Also you can google it and find some games.

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.

newmom2009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:36 PM

my shower was sun. and we did dont say baby,  where u have 2 go the whole time without saying baby whoever catches you gets a safety pin whoever has the most at the end wins!

um the dirty diaper game which for us was just a folded up napkin with a dot of peanut butter in it and if you had a "dirty diaper" you won a prize

and my water broke...you freeze a tiny plastic baby in ice cube trays and everyone gets  one in their drink when your baby gets freed from the ice ube you yell " my water broke"

they were all fun, but so many people had a problem with the dirty diaper game.....the older poeple thought it was gross.....omg people its just peanut butter...lol

i wish we would have had at least 1 game where people actually had to sit still for 5 min to play like baby bingo or something, all the games we did while people ate and such, and then they all watched me open presents whuch they said i was 2 slow about. umm hello poeple what else are we doing? it is my baby shower.....sorry had to rant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)