Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I messure smaller than I should be... IUGR? ?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

I went to the Dr today and she said my little one messures smaller than it should be at this time.  I believe she said I might have IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction.)  I have an ultrasound on Friday but I am a little worried.  I am 35 1/2 weeks

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyIvy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

I'm 26 and a half weeks and when I went for my ultrasound around 21 weeks they said that my baby was a month smaller than she should be. They just moved my due date back was all.

SkyBallsMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM

i measured small with my first and now with this one. when they check on ultrasounds, both my son and now my daughter measure fine in the belly and i carried my son to term ( i had him 5 days early )  i dont know if this answers you question at all but i thought i would post :)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
nschenck1985
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I have had a few quite an ultrasound at 6, 14, 17 and 26 weeks and the ultrasound all said the same due date of 01/21/2009

kristina2007
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I am measuring 29 weeks when I was 33 almost 34 weeks. They did an ultrasound and I will find everything out Friday.

nschenck1985
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Can anyone give me more information on IUGR???

PregoDiana
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:30 PM
at my 36 weeks appointment, they noticed that my little boy was no longer growing. They have been monitoring him my fluid levels ever since, and he is still very healthy! At that time he measured approx 5lb, which is in the 10th percentile. They havent been able to measure him since due to him being at -1, so they cant measure his head being that low. But I wouldnt worry too much! As long as your fluid levels are good and his heartrate and chest movements are good, he should be a happy (small) camper! =)
Sam is still in hiding!
His reservation in Hotel Uterus expired
Thursday, December 11th!
Please come out so Mommy and Daddy can meet you!
PregoDiana
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:32 PM
no I dont know anything about it.... sorry! Just hope Doulala comes along! She is great! Or find her and PM her! Shes floating around the "unassisted birth" post at the moment! =)
Quoting nschenck1985:

Can anyone give me more information on IUGR???

croneasm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM

My baby has a severe case of it.  If up until now you were measuring close to your real  gest. age then I would not worry since it can't be very bad.  Mine has all but stopped so she has to come out a whole month early (at 36 week which is Monday).  It can be serious but it doesn't sound like you are in danger at all. 

lajoy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM

I am on baby #3 and they ALWAYS tell me that I measure bigger than I should. They do the ultrasound to check size and usually tell me that baby is a little big and that my fluid level is high. I have had two 8 pound baby girls after my due date with both and both were healthy. I think if everything else is okay, the measuring is not that big of a deal. Besides, ultrasounds are not very accurate anyway.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:47 PM

What is your fundal height meauring at?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)