Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have dropped!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

The baby has dropped today! She has always been up in my ribs and this morning she went on this kicking/stretching tangent in my belly for a good 30mins (way out of the norm for her) and then stopped. Well over the course of the day I have had more and more pressure down there and now my whole pelvic area and top inner thighs ache every time I stand or walk! Now when she kicks I only feel it about an inch up from my belly button...no more kicks in the ribs! But she feels like she's going to fall out! I take it that this is all normal...never had this happen with my son. I'm scheduled for a c-section on Wednesday so I guess I'll make it until then?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CaraRose
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM

My baby dropped a couple days ago, now I barely look pregnant let alone 9 months pregnant.  I hope it means she's coming soon.

pd4now82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, you should be fine....  My dd dropped three weeks before she decided to come out....  Though I don't know what average would be.  Not much comfort I know, for how you feel.

Lsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:34 PM

my irst dropped at 36 weeks and came at 38 weeks 6 days.....my second dropped at 34 weeks and she came at 39 weeks 5 days....so it can be awhile after dropping....so I would think you would be fine, but sometimes women drop the day the baby comes....so who knows!

preview imagepreview image

breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, , non-cio, baby signing, extd. rear facing, extd. harnessing mama         

MamaShae2Mason
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM

That's good to hear, I want to stick with my scheduled c-section date since it is planned out and everyone has already planned off for work to be there and etc.

thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)