Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ow ow ow! [ maybe tmi ]

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

my head hurts. my right hip feels like its being torn out of my body. i cant keep any fluids down, i have direhia [ sp? ], im really light headed, and i cant seem to quench my thirst. i dont know whats wrong with me HELP!

How`s my pregnancy doing?
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Virus maybe? Had that happen a few weeks ago and im preggo. Was a stomach flu/virus. I was prescribed vitamin B.

norahsmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Hmm, I am not sure, there is alot going on there.  I would call your doc and talk to him.  Some of your symptoms could be symptoms of preeclamsia, but others are not.  In any case you are sick and should talk to your doc.  Sorry you are so sick! 

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. When choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down
your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to
hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using
the sink.

4. To treat high blood pressure: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few
minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a
timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze
button.

6. If you have a cold with a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives....yo u'll be afraid to sneeze, much less cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't
move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does,use the
duct tape.

8. When confused remember.....everyone seems normal UNTIL  you get to know them.

Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS. 

emmiebee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:14 PM

its been going on for about 3 days now. i tried to call my Dr. today but he works in two different cities and wasnt in today. the nurse didnt tell me anything useful just to drink lots of clear fluids, which i told her i cant keep any down. i dont want to go to the ER if its nothing serious my fiance has to work and i really dont want to keep him up.....

3littlepiglets
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Well you could get dehydrated very quickly.. so if this has been going on this long and you cant keep anything down.. I'd go to the E/R one with labor and delivery b.c since your pregnant they would send you there anyways. I threw up 3 times on thanksgiving and just that dehydrated me to the point I felt horrible and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I went to the er and my H/R was 145 and I was VERY dehydrated.. and I had to take ALOT of IV fluids as well.. so better to be safe then sorry.. do you have a temp?

emmiebee
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:24 PM

im a little bit warm, have been all day. but i thought maybe i was just coming down with a bug. ive been drinking just water and some juice all day but whatever i eat shoots right out of me and i cant keep any fluids down. this stinks.

3littlepiglets
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:26 PM

keep a close eye on yourself..  cuz being dehydrated can be very serious.. I had no idea..  do you have a thermoator? I'd check every once in a while even if it gets to 99.9 I'd go in.

Allison7777
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:57 PM

By the time you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated! The dizzyness can also be a sign of dehydration. and it can be caused by the diarrhea. If you can't keep fluids down, sip on gaterade or pediolyte because they also have the electrolytes that you are losing with the diarrhea. Instead of trying to drink and entire glass of water or juice, trying sipping 1-2 oz (the size of 1 or 2 cups that come on the top of kids medicine bottles) every 5-10 minutes. Immodium is fine to take with pregnancy and you can take 2 pills right away.

Good luck and Merry CHRISTmas!

John Larsen, professor of obstetrics, gynecology, and genetics, the George Washington University, Washington, DC (When asked it you could take immodium in pregnancy)

Yes. In fact, you should use either a kaolin-and-pectin- (Kaopectate) or loperamide- (Imodium) type medication if you're having bad diarrhea, because otherwise you could become seriously dehydrated and put your baby at risk. If you get really dehydrated, your blood won't be able to circulate as well to your organs or your placenta, and you'll need to be hospitalized and given intravenous fluids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)