Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no morning sickness!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

with my first 2 pregnancies I was sick as a dog all day and sometimes at night for at least 4 months and then off and on the rest of the pregnancies.  With this one I am almost 9 weeks and have only had a couple waves of nausia.  I am actually kind of worried.  My doc told me with my previous that sickness was a sign that pregnancy was well established, and I worry that because I am not sick now my pregnancy may not be as secure?  I know that may sound foolish.  I would love to hear from you ladies who have had experience with both being sick and not being sick durring pregnancy.  Did everything turn out ok?  Thanks.  I have not been to the doctor yet for this one, they don't even see you here until you are past 12 weeks. 

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. When choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down
your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to
hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using
the sink.

4. To treat high blood pressure: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few
minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a
timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze
button.

6. If you have a cold with a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives....yo u'll be afraid to sneeze, much less cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't
move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does,use the
duct tape.

8. When confused remember.....everyone seems normal UNTIL  you get to know them.

Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS. 

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BooBear81
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:02 PM

try not to worry- not everyone gets nausea with every pregnancy... Maybe your body has enough b vitamins to not be miserable...

So, keep eating healthy and enjoy- it's likely that you may get sick later on!

jackieb2811
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I dont really know I had one pregnancy an it was with my twins I NEVER had morning sickness just 1 time an it was bc I was running late for work an I popped my vitamin that morning an drakn orange juice. I never got sick in the morning with mine!! They are just fine at 16 months!!

kaykaylove
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:14 PM

With my first I had a WONDERFUL  preg.. Not one lil bout of sickness.. I was so lucky.. Well when I got preg with #2 I thought wow #1 was a breeze so I can do this ....

Hell no..... I lost 10 lbs between month 1 and 2.. The toilet was my bf.. I finally was put on Zofran to help with this and just in the last week or 2 things are looking up..

All pregs are diff.. you are fine and the baby may just not be messin with your hormones as bad.. :)

doopey
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Sounds foolish to me.  I too was sick as a dog with both my daughters.  Now, I'm 14 wks prego and have not had any morning sickness at all.  Baby is doing great.

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM

I made a post about this also!  With my son I was SICK!  everything in my mouth was sure to come back (TMI sorry).  Horrible morning sickness with my son!  But it let me know that I was pregnant everyday LOL!  With this pregnancy I waited and waited for the morning sickness.  It never came.   I was so worried that things were not progressing, like I wasn't sick because my hormones were not increasing...like I was going to lose the pregnancy.  That is what I thought anyway.  I am 35 weeks pregnant now, all is well!  I guess its true that every pregnancy is different!  Don't worry so much!

MyahsMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Don't fret. When I was pregnant with my daughter I did not have one bit of nausea through my whole pregnancy. Not one single thing went wrong the whole time. I was the portrait of pregnacy bliss beginning to end. She is a very healthy 6 year old now and I'm pregnant with #2. This pregnancy is so hard! I've been sick the whole time so far, although it has begun to let up. But it has been absolute hell. Every symptom in the book, I've got it. My pregnancies are night and day between the two. So don't worry, I've done it both ways now and no issues with baby with either one.

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I have never heard that before and I personally think your doctor shouldnt have said that but, this is how it was explained to me. If birthcontrol pills made you sick , then pregnancy probably will too because of the large amount of hormones flowing through your body. I had a little nausea but no actually sickness and it only lasted for a month. Its completely normal not to get and sometimes people get it for different genders. For instance some say that girls make them sick through the whole pregnancy while others say that boys are the easiest to carry. Maybe you are having a girl? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)