Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood? (a little tmi)

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, today I've been having a relaxing day, didnt had sex last night (just the night before and I did bleed a little bit then brown discharge and nothing else)  I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped myself there was blood in the paper!  Red blood, not brown or pinkish...  There wasnt any clots in it or in the toilet but still I'm freaking out, there is no way of contacting my doctor right now and my husband is in the station until friday (to make matters worst we're supposed to have a winter storm tonight)...

I guess my question is...  Is this somewhat normal?  Should I not worry if I dont see any clots?  I am still calling my doctor tomorrow to see what's up but I guess I need to know if this is normal, if someone else went through this and is ok and so are their babies u know...  I am 10 weeks and 3 days as of today...

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
staciep2
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:46 AM

some bleeding is normal. But u should still talk to ur Dr .. But as long as u are not cramping or anything u should be fine till u can talk to ur Dr.

Miss-Baby-Baker
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Bump. I hope everything is ok.

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM

u may have irritated your cervix a little bit.. that would cause some bleeding. Also you may have some blood "up there" that needs to come out lol if u get what im saying. Id say you are fine if you arent having cramps.. or anything like that. Have u bled since? spotting is normal for some woman, if you fill a pad thats when you need to be worried. Just in the mean time relax, you can call l&d to ask advice also, just dont have ne baths until u know everything is ok and closed up down there. But really I wouldnt worry, you are prolly okay unless you have one of the mentioned things above going on..

CoastieWifePR
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:00 AM

Thank you for your responses...  Thank God no clots, or cramps...  Only spotting...  I do remember for my first one I did had cramps and discharged lots of blood and clots (that's how I ended up in the ER and saw my son for the first time, before that I couldnt go to the doctor because I was still getting my insurance)...  I still dont know what was that all about because my son is ok, it was scary as hell and I hope I dont have to go through it again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)