Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What does your cervix feel like when your pregnant? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 9:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Just wondering what it felt like. Mine feels like it did with my last pregnancy. Its high and it feels like its plugged up with something. Usually its lower and you can feel the hole(the opening). Just curious if anyone else has felt theres.

by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SaturnsMom
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM

I tried to feel mine the other night. (Yes Im gross its ok im over it)  and it was really high too.  I almost really couldnt even reach it. when i did finally reach it it felt really soft and weird to me.

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 9:55 AM

This is gonna sound weird but could you feel the hole. Or should I say opening. I dont think its weird really. Yes mine did kind of feel weird.

ktnunna
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM

For me personally (because I too was a compulsive checker) Mine dropped back down low and was closed and firm around the time my period should have started and then slowly started its rise back up.  I didnt check it much after i got the positive test though.

Also I found this on babyhopes.com

For women who track their cervical position in order to determine fertility, many wonder if there correlation between the position of the cervix and early pregnancy.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a simple answer for all women. The position of the cervix during pregnancy does change but not at the same time in all women.

After ovulation, your cervix will drop lower in your vagina and feel firm, like the tip of your nose. During pregnancy, the cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. For some, this will happen shortly before their period is due, but for other, this will not happen until quite a while after their pregnancy has been confirmed.

Due to this variation between women, checking the position of your cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication of whether or not your are pregnant. More reliable ways to find out if you are pregnant is take a sensitive home pregnancy test or by visiting your doctor for a pregnancy blood test.

Jade812
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

it should be high and soft and squishy

Natural Birthing,Breastfeeding,Co-Sleeping,Cloth Diapering,EARTH MAMA

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

pregnant                    

ktnunna
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Jade812:

it should be high and soft and squishy

Not nessicarily - Its different for all women.

The majority of women find theirs to be "high, soft & squishy" during Ovulation.

The acronym S.H.O.W is helpful with this - During ovulation - the cervix is Soft, High, Open and Wet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN