Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Different baby daddys...

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
I wondered about this before, so maybe some of you ladies can answer....How many of you have kids from different fathers and if so did you notice a difference in the pregnancy? Like, did one go smoother than the other, or were you less/more emotional or anything in that sense? Does anyone think that who the father is can have impact pregnancy?
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexy_with_5
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Yes I have different baby daddies and the only time I noticed a difference is when the gender is different. You can have a different pregnancy depending on the relationship that you have at each pregnancy with each father but I didn't. I was the same sick mess with all four of my boys and I basically sailed through my girl pregnancies with the exception of heartburn and the nasty taste in my mouth

jonezy
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 7:42 PM

well i am preg with my 1st...i dont know anything about the different b/d thing.............but i definitely think the fathers treatment towards the pregnant mother has an impact on the pregnancy.

momytobex4
by on Dec. 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM

My oldest son isnt my hubbys. But I havent noticed really a difference in pregnancies besides with my daughter  i had horrible headaches and now with this pregnancy i have had horrible headaches. Thats about the only thing different because i didnt have headaches with my boys so hopefully this one is another girl lol.

MamaKrystal
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 4:40 PM

My husband is not my daughter's biological father, I mean he's the only man in her life she has ever know to call daddy. She's never met her real father. He left me when I was 3 months pregnant with her. The only contact I have with him is 2-3 times a year but that's it and a check once a month. My daughter is 2 now and my husband absolutlely loves her like his own. I'm expecting my first child with him and it's sometimes hard that there are two different fathers for both kids. Being pregnant with this baby boy is alot different then when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was mostly by myself and working all the time when I was pregnant with my daughter. Did not have a man around to help me, I was on my own mostly physically and emotionally. Now that I'm married, it's completely different in so many ways. Sometimes I don't even know how to ask for help from my husband cause I was use to doing things by myself when I was pregnant. Though of course, I'm more emotional in this pregnancy then I was with my daughter. Maybe cause I was stressed and scared of being a young single mother at the time so I distracted myself with friends and work. This pregnancy has challenged me alot physically and emotionally with my husband. Either way, every pregnancy is different regardless if you have more then one baby daddy.

pregnancy due date
Mommy2BeFeb2009
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 4:51 PM

I have different baby daddys.  My 4yo is from my ex husband, a complete control freak and emotional abuser.  my pregnancy with her was very painful due to the added stress from always having to have things perfect for him or all hell would break loose in the house. 

This pregnancy is with my fiance and has been smooth sailing up until about a month ago when my health began to deteriorate which is from the pregnancy and will be going away once I give birth.  However physically and mentally I have had the best pregnancy ever with this one. 

The effects of the outside world can effect your pregnancy and how you feel physically and emotionally, but the outcome is always the same, an unconditionally loving and beautiful child.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!
pregnancy calendar
Fellie
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Jade has a different daddy then this baby and with Jade I went into labor all the time starting at 18 weeks and I was miserable all the time.  This time I'm 23 weeks and I haven't gone into labor (Yet!!) and I have way more "morning" sickness that won't go away!!  I'm less depressed this time around but I'm older and not alone so maybe that has something to do with it.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
youngartista
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Well, my 21 month old daughter is by a different guy than my fiance.. BUT, because of everything me and her father went through, it makes me more emotional now. I'm just scared that the same things will happen.. I feel the threat of being alone again, and it scares the crap out of me.

savannahmom2931
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:26 PM

i am with you a 100% i am the same way..my daughters dad let me when i was also 3 months pregnant...and my husband loves her dearly.....and i am expecting my first child with him so i will have two kids....so i am in the same shoes as you...YOU GO GIRL FOR BEING THERE SINGLE WITH YOUR FIRST

Quoting MamaKrystal:

My husband is not my daughter's biological father, I mean he's the only man in her life she has ever know to call daddy. She's never met her real father. He left me when I was 3 months pregnant with her. The only contact I have with him is 2-3 times a year but that's it and a check once a month. My daughter is 2 now and my husband absolutlely loves her like his own. I'm expecting my first child with him and it's sometimes hard that there are two different fathers for both kids. Being pregnant with this baby boy is alot different then when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was mostly by myself and working all the time when I was pregnant with my daughter. Did not have a man around to help me, I was on my own mostly physically and emotionally. Now that I'm married, it's completely different in so many ways. Sometimes I don't even know how to ask for help from my husband cause I was use to doing things by myself when I was pregnant. Though of course, I'm more emotional in this pregnancy then I was with my daughter. Maybe cause I was stressed and scared of being a young single mother at the time so I distracted myself with friends and work. This pregnancy has challenged me alot physically and emotionally with my husband. Either way, every pregnancy is different regardless if you have more then one baby daddy.

momofeddienseb
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM

My first one is my exs. My second one and the one on the way is my hubbys. No difference in the pregnancy except this one i have nausea and stuff. I am hoping it is because maybe i am having a girl :-P (I have 2 boys already)

AnaMaria624
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Humm im not sure. Both of my children have the same father. My mother had 2 children. My brother and I. I know with me she had a lot of complications. With my brother she was a lot bigger then she was with me. But he was born with a lot of lung issues because she smoked. I honestly think it has to do with how healthy the mother is. If shes eating right and doing the right things. If there are genetic issues of course that would change a pregnancy. So yes in that case the pregnancy's between the two fathers would be different. But I think besides all of that. If your having a healthy baby...I think the pregnancy's will go like anyone else that is married or has children by the same fathers. I know my first pregnancy was a lot different then my second. My first was a girl and now my second is a boy. So I think there are a lot of factors that can change a pregnancy.

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN