Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hcg never showing up in urine???

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am 17 days late on my period!!! I took a test two days ago and it still said negative

however I have all the symptoms of being pregnant....

what are the chances of all urine tests coming up negative and a blood test to come back positive....

I just don't feel like going to get blood work done only to see a big fat negative....

Please help..... for those of you that want me to wait for a hpt positive... when should I take the test again....

Full time Custodial Stay at home Parent of Two (SK's Ages 4and 7) TTC my First! :)

by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nici3
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Have all the symptoms? You mean like every symptom that can come with pregnancy? I'm confused on that part....If you were 17 days late and pregnant  you'd get a positive. You could just be stressed out and that's what is making your period late, you could have ovulated late, there are so many factors that can lead to a "late" pregnancy.

Yes there is a chance you are pregnant and have low HcG levels. That's happened many times. If I were you I'd call and make an appointment to get the blood work. Even that sometimes does not pick up the hormones....

Good luck!!!!

pregnancy due date
abjones00
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Probably not what you want to hear but that happened to me a few years ago.  I was 7 weeks before I finally got a positive test.  I lost the baby 2 weeks later.  Either get a blood test because there is a difference or just wait it out.

MyahsMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2008 at 10:19 AM

It is very possible and more common then most would think. I would encourage you to go get a blood test done.

shellbell75
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 10:31 AM

The same thing happened to me when I was preggo with ds. I was 2 months before I popped positive on a urine test. I knew I was preggo b/c I had a bld test at 5 weeks.

VLY
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 12:41 PM

No lol I just wanted to get the point across with out having to make a list lol--- so much for being lazy lol----

I spotted three times last week (one drop a day)

Feeling way more hungrier than normal

Thirstier and going pee more than normal

I have twice the amount of bm's than I normaly ever have

Heartburn most of the day off and on

dizzyness about every other day  (mostly in the evening)

and upset stomach

Weird headaches

and very light (nothing to worry about) cramping and bloated feeling

round part around nipples has gotten darker

Quoting nici3:

Have all the symptoms? You mean like every symptom that can come with pregnancy? I'm confused on that part....If you were 17 days late and pregnant  you'd get a positive. You could just be stressed out and that's what is making your period late, you could have ovulated late, there are so many factors that can lead to a "late" pregnancy.

Yes there is a chance you are pregnant and have low HcG levels. That's happened many times. If I were you I'd call and make an appointment to get the blood work. Even that sometimes does not pick up the hormones....

Good luck!!!!

Full time Custodial Stay at home Parent of Two (SK's Ages 4and 7) TTC my First! :)

nici3
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Lol, I was just curious. A lot of those can be also period symptoms. I doubt you'd have so many symptoms related to pregnancy. There is a chance and I wish you the best! Like I said, it would be best to go to the Dr. You could have low hormones and need a suppliment.

Quoting VLY:

No lol I just wanted to get the point across with out having to make a list lol--- so much for being lazy lol----

dizzyness about every other day (mostly in the evening)

and upset stomach

Weird headaches

Quoting nici3:

Have all the symptoms? You mean like every symptom that can come with pregnancy? I'm confused on that part....If you were 17 days late and pregnant you'd get a positive. You could just be stressed out and that's what is making your period late, you could have ovulated late, there are so many factors that can lead to a "late" pregnancy.

Good luck!!!!

pregnancy due date
VLY
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM

The low hormones thing... thanks... I did not think about that- makes me realize I definetly should go see the dr then!

as for AF..... HECK if these are period symptoms I wish she would just hurry up and come already so atleast I'd know one way or the other ROFL!!!

Quoting nici3:

Lol, I was just curious. A lot of those can be also period symptoms. I doubt you'd have so many symptoms related to pregnancy. There is a chance and I wish you the best! Like I said, it would be best to go to the Dr. You could have low hormones and need a suppliment.

Quoting VLY:

dizzyness about every other day (mostly in the evening)

and upset stomach

Weird headaches

Quoting nici3:

Have all the symptoms? You mean like every symptom that can come with pregnancy? I'm confused on that part....If you were 17 days late and pregnant you'd get a positive. You could just be stressed out and that's what is making your period late, you could have ovulated late, there are so many factors that can lead to a "late" pregnancy.

Good luck!!!!

leandrasmom
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 7:49 PM

i had a period my first month and showed i wasn't prego but i went to the doc and a blood test showed i was so u might need to get a blood test done. it dint show up on a pee test till i was 2 months along

blondebabygherl
by on Dec. 26, 2008 at 7:49 PM

i took 3 tests, and they all said negative. but when i went to the doctors, it finally showed up negative. you usually have to wait about 3 weeks aftre your missed period before it will show. but my friend always has to have her tests done by blood because pregnancy tests dont work on her. she literally peed on a pregnancy test when she was 8 months pregnant, and it said negative. i didnt believe her until she did that. but yea, sometimes hcg doesnt show up through urine tests.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Its possible that you can get a bunch of negatives on the pee stick.I would suggest going to get a blood test.I watch a lot of discovery channel and there were women on there that can have symtoms and be pregnant but never get a positive.A lot rule it out as stress.Go get checked.It might be stress but if you aren't stressing then it could be something else.Good luck and loads of baby dust!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN