Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

=Please help me out!!=

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

I was hoping someone could help me tonight. I had my first baby girl 7 days ago, i am home from hospital but i have been having massive stinging and aching with my stitches. I had to get quite alot done because my little girl wasn't that little! I dread going to pee because it stings so much. I am drinking ural but i was wondering how long i should expect this to last?

Please help!!!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djdiddles62
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:06 AM

my pains lasted  a wek an a half... i used a squirt bottle that they gave me to spray it down every time... i also drank tons of water to delute my urine... an not sound gross but wait till you poop.. that was an experience i will never forget... i had my son 12-10 an i still get weird pains where my stiches were.. good luck hun   and btw congrats on the baby girl

Hayley_Horror
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:14 AM

My god that is an awesome idea! Thankyou so much!! Yes i have already experienced the poop. i breathed like i was in labour again! ahhahaha.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, im going to put one near the loo right now!!!!

xx

Mom2Ali2007
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I didn't tear or get cut but I had abrasions so they gave me iodine to rinse off down there with, Get some of that and put it in a squeeze bottle or you could just pour some on to a washcloth and wipe down with it. They also have the tucks like pads for hemroids, Try those too they will help numb things for a bit.

Also if you put some Ice in a ziplock bag with a tablespoon of water and push all the air out. then put that in another ziplock bag you can wrap it in a towel and set on it like you would your pad and that will help with swelling and pain also.

Shel

Mom to Ali born 08~27~07 7:11 pm

7lb 1oz 20 1/2 inches long

mconatser
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:25 AM

my daughter is four months old and i can still feel where my stitches were...of course I tore up wards instead of down but it still feels funny every now and again..more so after my husband and I have sex

"When the baby keeps you awake at night, just remember that you have an entire lifetime to catch up on your sleep, but you will never have this night with your little one again"-unknown

JayzMomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:28 AM

When I had my first 2, the thing that helped the most, was a bath.  Just enough water to sit in, and make it nice and warm.  Ohh that always felt great!  I would take 4-5 of them a day, when they would nap, I would take a little bath then I would nap.

hope that helps!  and congrats on the new baby!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Hayley_Horror
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:29 AM

My goodness even thinking about sex at the moment makes me want to cry....:(

SarahGreenwood
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:34 AM

My hospital gave me something called "epi-foam." The best stuff. It's especially bad with that first one. Best of luck and congrats on the baby.

~Sarah

momof2cuteboys
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I had a 4th degree tear with my second son.  Get a water bottle with a top that allows you to squirt out water.. fill it with warm water.  I used mine before and after i peed.  And I leaned as far forward as I could.. lol Also fill your bath with a couple inches of the hottest water you can stand.  This will be amazing.  Then after your done Set your hairdryer on the lowest setting and blow the area dry.  My labor nurse gave me this tip and it was awesome.  Something about the heat helps soothe and heal.

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM

you should also consider getting Dermoplast spray. it has lidocane in it so it will numb you. also witch hazel will help you heal more quickly. you can either get it in a bottle and just put some on a clean pad or you can get tucks pads with witch hazel and just put a clean one on your pad every time you go to the bathroom. good luck!!!

Chrissy0918
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I had a vaginal delivery with my 1st and this dermoplast spray helped SOOO much, you might be able to get it if you call labor and delivery... :) Goodluck and congrats on the little girl!!

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

you should also consider getting Dermoplast spray. it has lidocane in it so it will numb you. also witch hazel will help you heal more quickly. you can either get it in a bottle and just put some on a clean pad or you can get tucks pads with witch hazel and just put a clean one on your pad every time you go to the bathroom. good luck!!!

Chrissy.jpg Chrissy picture by CafeMom2008

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)