Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedrest (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 1 Replies

Had to go to the L&D again 2 days ago because i had a gush of blood, basically like a heavy period and I wouldn't stop bleeding, few hours later finally went in. Apparently my cervix is very very fragile and looked to be a little dialated. So i had to stay over night so they could keep an eye on the bleeding, eventually i started cramping really bad, they gave me the beta shot in case the baby was born early, you know it helps with the babies lungs just in case. and they gave me a prescription for muscle relaxer if the bad cramps or light contractions start up again.

So I'm on bedrest atleast until my next appointment next Wednesday afternoon. this is my second episode of bleeding in the last month. I think it's because I've just been TOO busy and doing way too much, but I have all of this energy believe it or not and I like being outside playing with the dogs and our 3 year old, and going shopping and stuff, so it's hard for me to just stay laying down for most of the day.

My dr. told me last week at my appointment that if I bleed again I'll have to be on bed rest... ahhhhh Sorry ladies just venting, is anyone else on bedrest? I've been so busy with Christmas & new years and now our hospital visit that i haven't been on much the past few weeks.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I actually was just released from bedrest because I am officially full term.  I was put on hospital bedrest at 30 weeks and stayed there until 37 weeks.  My baby has a birth defect that put me at extreme high risk for preterm birth. It's rough, but you have to take one day at a time, and remember why you are doing it, to give your baby the best start. My doctor just told me the other day that I had given my son the most precious gift, a full nine months and a fighting chance at life. I wish you the best.

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)