Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok I am COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED...... UGH!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, I know a lot of you on here have seen me post that I am 5cm dialated and 90% effaced.  I go in every morning to get checked.  I am feeling NO CONTRACTIONS still and it has been since Christmas Eve that I have been this way. 

My baby feels like he is falling out if I walk, so I can't do that too long, my back is absolutely killing me.  I feel like I have a solid oak board on my back rather then something that is suppose to bend and move, I have nausea and have been taking phenegren but that doesn't help the feelign go away at all.  I am really irritable and I now have a choice that I didn't really want to make. 

My DR said I can continue the pregnancy until my due date, if there is no natural change he will induce then, or I can be induced Monday.  I really did not want to induce this one, but I am afraid I am going to lose my mind if I don't do something.

If you were me would you induce?  Just looking to see what others would do.  I know it is my decision.

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!
pregnancy calendar
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenjobrien
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I probably would.  Youre halfway dilated already so it shouldnt be too bad.  You shouldnt have to go through that much pain.

Kaleigh92805
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I would do it

Chrissy0918
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:16 AM

If it was me I would induce, if you werent dilated at all and showing no signs of being ready then that would be a different story but you are 5 cm dilated already!! Goodluck mama, and who knows, maybe you will go into labor this weekend! WALK ALOT, maybe climb some stairs a bunch or something, have tons of sex, I dont know.. they say walking works, i dont know b/c ive never really gone into labor on my own (i was induce with my 1st one due to hbp that wouldnt go down and c/s with my second and now another c/s with my newest one) anyhow, but i would induce if it were me, im not good with pain and being uncomfortable so thats just my opinion, goodluck though!! and congrats on your little austin, boys are SOOO much fun, im on my 3rd and couldnt be happier!!

Chrissy.jpg Chrissy picture by CafeMom2008

mommy228
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM

i probably would, i mean your body seems ready for this to happen so maybe it just needs a little help. Good luck mama. I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you!

Congrats in advance!!

momytobex4
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Momma just do it. You will be glad that you got it over with. Your body is already half way there. Good luck.

kdrdibft
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Well Hun.. your not the only one feeling this way.. my dr wants me to wait till  I'm 36 weeks.. I am going on 34 weeks.. an this baby is klilling me .. my pelvic bone hurts I cant sleep good at night anymore.. If I roll over ffrom my back to side or side to back I scream.. I have dilated to almost a 2 the last time they checked me.. I am getting tired of being pregnant .. this is my 6th baby and I believe its time for her to be born with me hurting this darn much .. I never had this problem with my other 5 baby's. So if I was you go ahead an do what you feel is right .. if you want her out now then go ahead and have him induce your labor....

UCMamaMandy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM

oh mama you're so close!  I don't think an induction would be necessary at this point.  I've heard so many moms talk from personal experience saying that the longer they are dialated and effaced before going into labor, the easier the labor and birth is.  But an induced labor is rarely easy.  I would wait and relax.  Don't worry too much about walking, sex, etc.  All that stuff helps your body do what it's already doing, but contractions won't start till your body and baby are ready, so if walking around hurts your back, better to relax and read a book or watch a movie that to be in pain.  Maybe if you take it easy, you feel like you're in such a rush to get the baby out?  I totally understand your frustration, I went 43 weeks with my last one!  But I assure you, they don't stay in there forever, even if you don't get induced.  I'll cross my fingers for you that you go into labor tonight!! :o)

~Mandy~
Freebirthing, cloth-diapering, anti-vaxing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem breastfeeding, loving mama and wife!

girl on a swing                             breastfeeding                          in love
DD1 Hazel 06/02/06       DD2 Lucy 07/24/08       DH Sawn 07/21/06

silka08
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I personally would NOT induce as 50% of inductions result in C sections.

I did not feel ANY contractions until I was in transition, but I was having them, they just weren't painful so count your blessings :-) I was 6 cms before I had ANY pain at all. In fact I only went o the birth center b/c my mom was watching my stomach and could tell I was having contractions even though I didnt think I was. I got there and she was right b/c I was 5 cms. Babys come when they are ready...he will be here soon enough.

If you're 5 cms and havent felt painful contractions be happy. It is possible to be in labor for SEVERAL days, even weeks. Its annoying and time consuming but its natural and normal and its what your body was made to do. Its up to you and your doctor but I personally would never elect for induction unless absolutely necessary.

Please look up the risks and benefits of induction for yourself before making the decision that way you are comofrtable with whatever decision you make. Also, induced contractions are MUCH more painful than natural. I knew a woman who had pitocin with her first labor...when she was preg with number 2 she ended up having baby at home by accident b/c the contractions were so much less painful she never thought she was in labor.

mamadetresbbg
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM

That happened to me with my last one! Sorry you are feeling that way...I know exactly how you feel...Get induced! My daughter was so stubborn that even with the induction went slow...he broke the water and within 5 minutes she was out!!! He did not have time to get from the parking lot to the room because the baby was born!

You need to rest, you will need the energy latter...Try to enjoy a movie, sleep and do not stress out more than what you already are.Just pamper yourself!  When I told my doc that I was walking around the block a few times to see if it will help he told me that I was just looking to get tired, to just relax! I took his advice.

Good luck !

Forget-me-not
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I agree with the two previous posters, I wouldn't induce. No matter how uncomfortable I was or bad I felt the risks are just to high with inductions. As I mother I know that I always have to put their best interest before mine even if it means I am in severe pain and this is just the first of many times. I really encourage you to relax, take a hot bath and if needed a glass of wine and put thoughts of this behind you, induction is very rarely what's best for you or your child.

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 12, Abby 8 and  BABY BOY  In June. Ask me about freebirthing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)