Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Day Sickness..

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

Someone help me out here.. I am about 8 weeks pregnant and I feel HORRIBLE. I am weak because I can't eat. Nothing looks good to me so I just can't eat. I feel sick all the time and because I'm not eating I have nothing but bile coming out of me when I am throwing up... This may be normal but I honestly feel like shit all the time. Has anyone found anything to reduce this? I have tried saltines, gatorade, high protein bars, salt and vinegar chips and ginger ale but still after all that I still feel bad.

Sorry if I sound like I'm just complaining but this is my first pregnancy and I just don't know!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
pixiemomma
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I know what you are saying. I am 8 weeks too and I can not hold anything down. This is baby #5 for me and I never had all day sickness with the others. The others I would get sick maybe once a day and be great the rest of the day. I go to my dr on the 8th and I am going to ask what I can do to help. I have to make myself eat other wise my sugar level drops so low I will pass out. If I find something that helps I will post it here for everyone.

Crystal Mommy to..

Amanda, Rebeka, Alexandra, and Patience

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
rdnewman
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

You have to eat! And throwing up bile is NOT good! It can cause an infection! So, have you tried fruit?  If fruit isn't appealing to you, try salty..maybe plain potatoe chips or something...or a cracker. Be sure to drink a lot! You don't want to get dehydrated!

Good luck!!!

Rachel D. Newman
kaciewor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM

c-bands for sale at drug stores. Good luck!

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting another little one April 30th!stork

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Things that are sweet are sometimes easier to handle than other things.  Try a piece of toast with just a little of jelly on it.  Also juices are sometimes easier than sodas, the carbonation can hurt your stomach.  Anything with peppermint oil in it will calm your stomach.  Try bananas.  They worked for me with my first, but not with my second.  Keep crackers by your bed and before you get up and start moving around eat a cracker or two.  Change positions slowly.  I know it is hard, but stay hydrated.  If you get dehydrated, you will have to go to the hospital and get IV fluids.  At this point, fluids are more important than solid.  If you cannot keep anything down, not even fluids, for 24 hrs, you need to call your dr.  They may need to have you come in and get IV meds and be given something to help you keep something down.

babies
Meli-Mel
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

This is my 3rd child and I get like this with every pregnancy.  Its horrible, if you eat you'll get sick but if you don't, you'll get sick.  I would have indigestion all the time, trouble breathing, feelings of constipation, nausea, dizzyness, and this weird taste in my mouth all the time that made me spit constantly (gross I know).  This all happens up until I'm about 16 weeks and then starts to go away.  I'm 14 now and its eased up a little.  I still throw-up occasionaly, dry heave but its nothing compared to before.  I would sit on the couch in an upright positon because if I layed down everything would come up and I would be like this all day every day.  I've also been to the e.r. for dehydration so be careful.  I love water but I couldn't seem to keep it down.

I tried hard candy, saltines, zofran, etc.  some people just have to wait it out.

RCook
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:03 PM

My first pregnancy was like that.  I was sick all day every day.  And I never could find anything to help ease the nausea.

Try eating those PopIce popsicles.  They will help keep you hydrated...and this is kinda gross, but I swear to you they taste the exact same way coming up as they do going down so that should make puking a little easier.  Every time I'm sick even with the flu I send DH to get those so my puking isn't so bad.

apotter001
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Quoting pixiemomma:

I know what you are saying. I am 8 weeks too and I can not hold anything down. This is baby #5 for me and I never had all day sickness with the others. The others I would get sick maybe once a day and be great the rest of the day. I go to my dr on the 8th and I am going to ask what I can do to help. I have to make myself eat other wise my sugar level drops so low I will pass out. If I find something that helps I will post it here for everyone.

Crystal Mommy to..

This is my second pregnancy really... I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in March and I felt completely normal the whole time I was just tired and 10 pm was my bedtime every night... lol. I never once got sick then thats why this just seems so crazy.. I'm at work now and I thought about going to the dr here just to see if they can give me something but we are shorthanded and I can't leave.

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Well each pregnancy is different.  This is my fourth pregnancy, second baby.  My first I was sick all the time until like a month after I miscarried.  My second I wasn't sick at all, not even after the miscarriage, my third...OMG I was sick until I was 5 months pregnant....This one I was only sick from about 8 weeks to 12 weeks.  And it was nothing like my first....occasional throwing up but just the constant nausea.  You really just have to try everything until you find something that works.....test to see if you are hydrated.  There are two ways, the color of your urine and by pulling up the skin on the back of your hand.  If you urine is dark, you are dehydrated.  If you pull the skin up on your hand and it doesn't snap back down right away, you are dehydrated.  If you are dehydrated, drink, drink, drink, or go to the hospital and tell them you are dehydrated but can't hold down liquids.  They will hook you up to some IV fluids....GL hon.

Quoting apotter001:

Quoting pixiemomma:

Crystal Mommy to..

This is my second pregnancy really... I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in March and I felt completely normal the whole time I was just tired and 10 pm was my bedtime every night... lol. I never once got sick then thats why this just seems so crazy.. I'm at work now and I thought about going to the dr here just to see if they can give me something but we are shorthanded and I can't leave.

babies
athenagmb
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM

This is my 3rd and I was sick just like that. I didn't even have to eat and I would throw up. I didn't have to drink and i would throw up. I was in the er once every week for IV fluids and meds. I lost 40 pounds and I am 23 weeks now and have only gained 3 pounds back. Go to the er or your ob for fluids as well as meds. Like zofran or phengren, when you are really really sick you need to get something to keep a little bit of stuff down. The baby will be fine but you need to be ok. Flat soda will also help. They told me to drink pepsi or coke that was a little flat with a little bubble in it cause the sugar is suppose to help. My problem was everytime my hubby would eat or drink I would throw up his food gross I know but I was really sick good luck sweetie.

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 28th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)