Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He might be here Saturday!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have been in & out of the hospital for the past 2 weeks basically, I have had high blood pressure and protein in my urine and my doctor wants to keep a close eye on me.  I went on Thursday for an NST (my 3rd) and they drew blood as well, as ordered by my DR. and he came in to the hospital and my platet count is down and it keeps going down, I have to go back tomorrow to repeat everything and if my platet count is down anymore it looks like my little man (that is due Feb 10)im 34w3d will be here tomorrow, he will send me to Boston ( the closest hospital for the best chance for the baby). Has this happened to anyone before? I have no idea what a platet count is or what it does!

Do you think my baby will be okay if he has to be born tomorrow he will be 34w4d. I just dont want him to be in NICU forever!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyIvy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:05 PM

No clue, but good luck momma!

MomTo3CuteKids
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM

I have no clue so here's a bump...... but i suggest that you google it!!

mommy2clarke
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Platelets are the part of your blood that helps it clot. Good luck!

DAWNBLAIR
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:11 PM

If the number of platelets is too low, excessive bleeding can occur; however, if the number of platelets is too high, blood clots can form which block blood vessels, and may cause a stroke and/or a heart attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)