Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody ever have a "Welcome Home" party?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

This is baby #2 and they are both girls, so I felt weird having another shower.  I thought maybe I'd have a Welcome Home party afterwards.  How long should I wait to have it, like a month or 2?

Tell me about your party and how it went?  I don't really need much, just diapers would be great.

Thanks, Katie

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomToBeISaMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I'm one of those people who doesn't think you should have showers for the 2nd and subsequent babies, so I applaud you for not having one.  I love the idea of a welcome baby party, and I think you can do it any time that you feel comfortable yourself.  I myself would wait at least 2 weeks to get used to nursing (if applicable) and to let my body and house get ready!  Just remember not to let it look like you expect gifts - if that's the case, then you might as well just throw a shower.  A welcome party is just that - a party to welcome and get to know the new baby.  Most people will bring a gift anyway, but it's not expected. 

MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM

my cousin had a welcome home party about a month after her baby was born. She had a shower before so they made the party more of a cook out, so everyone could see the baby.

Mandi
Braille93078
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I think this is what I'll do.  April 7th is the due date, so maybe May or early June would be good with some great weather too.

Anybody else have a party? 

MamasBoy08
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I had a baby shower because this was my first, but we also had a "welcome home" party. I was in the hospital for 5 days though, came home Friday (8/15) and had a party Sunday. We just invited pepole over for BBQ (since it was summer), sat outside, mingled, talked about the labor/delivery, and people came inside to see baby (he was asleep in his bassinet)!

I am a spoiled, sometimes bitchy, but none-the-less fun to be around momma that co-sleeps, formula feeds, vaccinates, doesn't baby wear, and sometimes lets my baby CIO.

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I did, but I never organized the party myself.  It was something my firends and family did for me.

Bellaboosmum
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:24 PM

My second was a girl as well, so no shower for me. I came home 2 days before Super Bowl Sunday so we just had people over for the game and meet the new baby, it worked out well.

A group for proud c-section mommies!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/csectionsupport - group owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)