Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hubby - help/vent

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

My hubby and I are not doing well, I need to vent and get opinions. Ill try not to make it too long.

First off Im wondering how much does you hubby help. for those of you that work full time. I end up doing pretty much EVERYTHING! and I work 50 hours a week. Seriouly he wont even rince off his own dinner plate if I dont say something. If I ask, hell take out the trash, but most of the time I just do it. I cant do the cat box, so he does, after I ask. Is this normal? Or is mine just really lazy? He never used to be like this and its just getting worse! (We have been toghter 12 years). I just dont know what to do anymore. I have a n inhome daycare so I am home, but I cant do much with a house full of kids. And by the time the go home and I get my 5 year old dinner and ready for bed, I am just too tired. All he does when he comes home is watch TV or play video games. As far as the new baby all he has done is put the crib together, after I asked him. He leaves his pop cans for me to clean up and wont even put his cofee cup in the dishwasher before he leaves. I know Im getting picky but heck! I am so tired and work 10 hours a day, I just dont understand how he cant see how much i do!

Help please, I am seriouly ready to leave him!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
omigodfirstbaby
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Mine is completely the same way. unless i ask him or fuss about something he won't do it. i am a RN i work 48+ hrs a week and i take care of the house so i know just how you feel.

Jodi72805
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I don't know what to tell you accept that I feel your pain!  My husband is pretty much the same way.  Then when I ask him to do something he makes a huge deal about how he does everything around the house, I think he is joking most of the time.  But it is way frustrating!  I'm working full time, he has been out of work for almost a year now, but is a full time student.  I am at work longer than he is in school.  When he comes home he is usually in front of the TV or on the computer.  Now I'm 9 months pregnant and very worried about how things will be after I have our son.  Sorry, I went off there.  Just wanted to let you know, I know how you feel!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
MAMA-MANDI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM

seems like video games and tv are my husbands life right now. i can't get him to do anything either even if i ask it's usualy 'yeah i'll get it in a little while, or tomorrow' and he never does. only when i start to raise hell will he do anything just to shup me up. i know if he doesn't straighten up his act by the time the baby gets here all the electronics in my house are going to be out in the damn yard! I hate being pushed aside for a video game, he can literally spend 8 hour traight on it (online computer game) .... i just wanna smash his  lap top.

Mandi
eco_mom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I'm so sorry you are having to feel so overwhelmed! I have a really good guy it seems. We both work full time (I make more than he does) and we both are equally responsible for household bills as well as household chores. We both talked extensively about our expectations of each other years ago (before we got married) when we moved in together. He also does most of the cooking bc he enjoys it done a certain way and I enjoy not doing it all!! (hehe I do some cooking and we prepare alot of things together as well)

I am 30 weeks preggo (we have a 5 yr old as well) and he has picked up even more slack lately  due to my body not cooperating like it used to!! If my hubby pulled the kind of lazy crap your hubby is doing it would not be pretty!

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Honestly, I think it is a man thing.  My hubby does help out a lot now, but only because my health in this pregnancy has not been the best.  He still does annoying things like leave trash on the counter or leave his soda cans and glasses on the coffee table.  He will always do something to annoy me.  He is helping a lot now, but I still have to get him started on his tasks.  He does laundry, dishes, and takes out the trash because I can't, but only after I ask him if he is going to do it today or tell him it needs to be done.  When this baby gets here, he is going to have to do a lot more.  I am going to need a good 8 weeks to recover from my c-section and he will need to do pretty much everything so I can.  Men are just lazy IMO.  You will always have to tell them they need to get started on the things they need to do.  GL hon....I share your frustration.  I think it is time that you sit down and talk to him about it.  Tell him that you can't do everything and just because you are home all day does not mean that you don't work and that you have all the time in the world to get the household chores done.

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)