Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to know you!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

shake hand

Help us get to know you better!

What was your Favorite thing about childhood? 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seniortmb07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Now that I HAVE to grow up, my favorite thing about childhood is being able to be a CHILD. No bills, no worries, no obligations, just my mommy taking care of me & me being able to do what I want. Now that I'm grown I have to take care of myself & my son who will be here in about 24 days.

*****Ready for this? I'm 20 years old, with my first son on the way who just so happens to be mixed, high school graduate, planning on going back to college, Army Reserves kind of mom. I will formula feed, share my room with my son, won't let him CIO, will use disposable diapers, live at home with my mom. I'm not with his father and not sure where we stand at the moment but he is still involved, and I feed him the good stuff b/c I don't need junk food. I will continue on in my life without so much of a blink your way unless what you say is helpful and not rude. So thank you, I'm a young mom determined to break the stereotype b/c young mom's do it best!!*****

prmami2b
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM

i would have to say what I miss the most was the ability to be carefree.... The most major issues in my life was what kindof  cookies to eat... And not worrying about tomorrow

AYENOI
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM

my favorite thing was when my  parents would take us all up to the lake and me and my dad would fish...gosh i miss those days.....

Hjett
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Wow that is hard. There is so much i miss, the carefreeness, my freedom, days spent with my family.

pregnancy

Grannymidwife
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM

my favorite thing about child hood was play, play play play, which is what i let my own children to and made sure  that was a big part of our lives...play time, is very important to children.....

another thing i loved about child hood was skating, ice and roller skating... very fun.

A Texas Midwife,
Healing Arts Center
acupuncture, chiropractor, massages
we have massage 6 days a week for familys men and woman, and children.
ILoveMy2Boys619
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Mine would be not having a care in the world. =0)

expecting baby#3    baby boyMy Jacobtoddler boyMy Frankie

maryinger
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM

i practically lived at the local community theatre and did plays all the time. i miss it so much.

but my favorite thing about childhood was probably the fact that i didn't care how ugly i was. once i became a teen i noticed how unattractive i was and di what i had to do, but i think back on how great it must have been to not have a thought in my head about my appearance....

CaiNy5
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

i agree with everyone else...the ability to be carefree, no worries. But one childhood memory that always sticks out was the fridays I would spend with my grandfather.(RIP) Almost every friday, I would go with him to run errrands...playing lotto, hanging with his friends, going to the liquor store lol. And I always ended up with a new toy.

athenagmb
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I really miss school and no not about books and classroom stuff but waking up ever morning picking out an outfit and getting on a bus and talking to friends. I miss Highschool alot too. My most favorite memories are of when I was in highschool. Football games prom homecoming parties. FRIENDS FRIENDS gosh I am going to cry thinking about all the good times.

Gabrielle- Wife to Andrew- Mother to Bailey 3 Jared 1 and Elissa Due April 28th I am a proud Army wifepregnant belly

Kaleigh92805
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I miss..being carefree as well. I miss school exp. high school. I made some great memories there. Sometime I wish I could go back. I miss having friends..cause now that I have two kids and married...my friends dont really have anything to do with me. I miss lots of childhood things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)