Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay. Im not planning mine [mil and mother are]. It will be jack and jill. They are renting out a function hall of some sorts but wouldnt give me many details. I need to know of some fun games that can get adults of both sexes involved. please help! i dont want to have a boring-give-me-presents kinda party.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AnGeLiCa414
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I GUESS NO ONES HAD A BABY SHOWER.

ms.angel221
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM

LOL!!! I had one... we played a few games that the men can play too

Angel

ms.angel221
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:12 PM

One was where we see which daddy can change, dress, and wrap the baby the fastest. It was pretty cool and alot of fun to see em all freakin out!!! LOL.

Angel

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:16 PM

The game I absolutely hated and hated my SIL for was measuring mommies tummy.  I already feel fat...thanks for making it worse.  A real fun one is to get a bowl of rice and put small safety pins in it.  Then you give them a minute I think to see how many they can find.  It is really difficult cuz you can't really tell a difference.

babies
AnGeLiCa414
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:18 PM

good ones. anyone else?

moniyeager
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Here are some games we have played at my previous showers:

* Fill Ice trays with water and put one little baby charm (the little plastic ones you can get at craft stores) in each ice cube.  Freeze them and give everyone 1 ice cube in a cup or drink or whatever at the same time.  The first person to yell "My water broke", after their baby is completely melted fromt he ice cube, wins!

* Cute out baby pictures from celeb magazines and put them onto a nicely decorated poster board and the guests have to guess the celeb mom and baby names.

* "Guess the Poop!!" melt different kinds of chocolate bars in diapers and the guests have to guess the chocolate.

* We made felt diapers pins for each guest to wear and keep as a favor.  Inside one of the diapers, however, was a small brown pom-pom and the guest who had the brown pom-pom (poopy diaper) won a prize.

Here is a link for other ideas also!

http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_games.html

Good Luck and  have fun!!

~Monique

hula hooptoddler girlbaby boy

Ryan             Emmalee            Eli

army_wifey_06
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM

At my friends baby shower they played a fun game where the guys had to see who could drink water out of bottles the fastest.

AnGeLiCa414
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 6:01 PM

bump. thanks for the responses! anyone else

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)