Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

safe arthritis remedies?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am about 19 weeks pregnant... My OB had told me I could take 2 Advil in the AM to prevent swelling that I have in both of my knees due to arthritis - my problem is that my knees are still quite swollen, stiff and painful (probably due to the weather, it is frigid and rainy here)... I hesitate to take any other meds for them. I have already tried rotating heat and cold - any other ideas for a safe way to take down the inflammation? It would not bother me so much except that I do have a 7 year old to run around after lol.

I am a Private School sending, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hooraywesay
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Have you tried any creams or anything? or wrapping them to help with swelling? (I am thinking of the RICE analogy for an injury-- not sure if it applies to arthritis, but rest, ice, compression, and elevation). I would call the doctor. Good luck!

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I will try the RICE... I actually hadn't thought of that lol. It could work for arthritis too I suppose.... and I have asked my doctor, his only suggestion is to come in to his office for a shot when it gets so bad - I think Cortisone? Not positive... But that is alot of office visits.

Quoting hooraywesay:

Have you tried any creams or anything? or wrapping them to help with swelling? (I am thinking of the RICE analogy for an injury-- not sure if it applies to arthritis, but rest, ice, compression, and elevation). I would call the doctor. Good luck!

I am a Private School sending, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)