Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think is the best carseat/stroller? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

I have used a  Graco in the past just because it's affordable and has a good reputation, but thsi was also almost 5 years ago. However I don't like how bulky the stollers are. I am due at the end of March and I just can't decide what type of stroller/carseat to get. I've read good things about Peg Perego, Combi, Graco and Chicco, so I guess my question is, what do you think is the best and why? Are the more expensive ones really worth it?

baby
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Graco had the best reviews when I got my son's infant carseat in 2007.  He is now in an Eddie Bauer and I think they are partnered with Graco or Safety First.  Not sure which one.

babies
1JN2BC
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Graco is best if you ask me. their double that i just got folds as small as my single evenflow did. i would suggest you DONT get evenflow. i had nothing but problems with them & their products. let me know if you want more details. its a lot to type if you already dont like their brand. Graco has good safety reports and the bonus is its more affordable. good luck moma

pregnancy calendar
baby growth
luv2bamom1124
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM

My favorite with my twins was the (double) snap and go by baby trend.  I also had the baby trend car seats which I am using for this baby as well.   I don't plan on getting a stroller since if I am out alone the twins will use the graco quattro tour, which I also love and I will put my daughter in a sling.

But if I were to buy a single stroller it would be the baby trend snap and go.  It is super light weight, easy to use and the one I had included a big and accessible basket!  Congrats and good luck!!

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Evenflow got really bad traffic accident reviews.  You can go to youtube and watch videos on it. 

babies
kirrwood
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Thank you!! I'm kind of leaning toward a graco Safe Seat and a Peg Perego stoller since I've read they're compatible. I just really don't want something huge. By the time she gets here my son will be almost 5 (about 2 weeks away from it if she comes on her due date) and well trying to make sure he stays where he's supposed to and get the stoller set up will be interesting, so I'm looking for super easy.

baby
sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM

My son's Eddie Bauer was $300 and imo yes it was worth it.  It reclines when they fall asleep.  It is the next stage from infant.  I got it at Jcpenney.  I got my son's Graco at walmart with the stroller.  The stroller is great, but so big.  I want a smaller one, but am also looking for a tandem one since my son will be 2 when this lil boy gets here.

babies
Meli-Mel
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I've had them all but this baby will use my 2nd dtr's Peg Perego.  I spent $500+ on it so I feel bad to throw it out.  As for car seats when they outgrow the infant seat....I only use Britax.  They maybe pricey but they are excellant and have a good/safe reputation.

Just to add when my first dtr. was born (7yrs. ago) my mil bought me a Costco carriage/combo.  I hated it because it was cheap and ugly but I didn't want to hurt her feelings.  Well one day when she was 3 months old I'm driving her to the baby sitters and the car seat flipped over.  The damn thing doesn't even come with a base.  I kept saying that wasn't right but it wasn't included.  After that I made sure she was  extra secure and it happened again so I got rid of it and bought myself a graco and maclaren.  Costco and Evenflo are not very good.

JessieOdee
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I searched stroller reviews for HOURS on the internet when I was pregger with my first. I ended up going with Peg Perego because it seemed to have the best rep. I have never had a single problem with mine and I love it, love it and I'm excited to bring it out for baby #2 who will be here in a few more weeks!!!! :)

Jade812
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I LOVE GRACO SAFE SEATS! they have great safety reports and go up to 30 pounds and 30 inches and they come in a TON of cute colors. their strollers are not my favorite because, they are so BIG but, they are still very nice. as for strollers swear by combi they have all the great features of full sized strollers but, none of bulk. it folds up teeny tiny and they have a strap on the back for carrying it around on your back. they have car seats that make it a full travel system and I really want one but, my MIL already bought me a car seat luckily it fits into my stroller.

Natural Birthing,Breastfeeding,Co-Sleeping,Cloth Diapering,EARTH MAMA

combingbutterfly on headtoddler boybaby boy

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM

As for a carseat we are going to get the Chicco Keyfit (I think is the exact model name, not positive though)... We aren't sure yet about what type of stroller to get.

I am a Private School sending, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)