Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Placenta Previa

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

just got back from L&D.  I have been there since 10:30 this morn!  Yesterday I had a sharp stich in my side that lasted several minutes and hurt alot.  I wasn't even doing anything but sitting at my desk writing a letter to my grandmother.  then again this morn.... wasn't doing anything but eating my pop tart and logging on my laptop at 9am and i got the same pain and it lasted alot longer.  i called the dr and they said to go to L&D since I was 18 wks today.  The baby's heartbeat looks good (in the 150's) and i'm not dialating or anything.... but when they did a mini U/S they found I have marginal placenta previa.  I have my big U/S with my dr. office on the 15th so that one will reconfirm.  in the meantime... they said it could correct itself which it often will before 20 wks.  however.... also in the meantime..... NO SEX!  till I have the other ultrasound.  and then of course if it doesn't correct itself.... then no sex till the baby comes!  what the hell am I gonna do?  they will need to prescribe me a pill to keep me from being  a bitch!  hehe.  Now I just feel like a sitting duck waiting for something bad to happen.  I need to do some research......anyone else in the same boat?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Most of the time it fixes itself.  Was it entirely covering your cervix?

babies
kymberlia
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:06 PM

i think just partially.... i actually can't remember... I was spinning it seemed like when they were telling me all this.

Quoting sylviapike26:

Most of the time it fixes itself.  Was it entirely covering your cervix?

proudmommy0723
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I had placenta preva with my daughter, and it fixed itself.  So I would'nt worry too much.  Good Luck to you!

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM

If it was only partially covering your cervix it has a higher chance of fixing itself.  It can be dangerous if it is completely covering your cervix.

babies
JessMomof2boys
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Don't worry at all.  When I went to my ultrasound at 19 weeks 5 days I had the same thing.  I went back today (at exactly 23 weeks) to check on it and its moved way up already....in just over 3 weeks.  So you may be back to your normal sex life before you know it.

pregnancy week by week

chenoa2008
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM

i'm in the same boat!! when i went in at 10wks sand they said my placenta was really low and that i could not lift anything heavy (more than 15lbs) and no sex! i'm going crazy so i kno how u feel. my dr said its possable for it to fix its self, but we will see at 2owks. god i hope it dose i dont want a c-section

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
kymberlia
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM

have you had any bleeding?  I haven't  (at least yet... and hope it stays that way)  not worried about a c-sec since this baby will be a c-sec regardless.  (my 2nd baby was emergency c-sec so my 3rd and now this one will be c-sec as well) i'm more worried about abrupting again.  and i hate not being able to do things for myself.  grrrrrrrrrr....

Quoting chenoa2008:

i'm in the same boat!! when i went in at 10wks sand they said my placenta was really low and that i could not lift anything heavy (more than 15lbs) and no sex! i'm going crazy so i kno how u feel. my dr said its possable for it to fix its self, but we will see at 2owks. god i hope it dose i dont want a c-section

TheMillerFamily
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I had complete placenta previa with my son. The placenta was also connected in the front and the back which is rare and my Placenta previa fixed itself!! The best part of this is getting multiple ultrasounds and getting to see your baby!!! I got 3 total!!

Don't worry about it, I think the percentage of it not fixing itself is like 5% or less.

Also about the sex, ask if you can still have Orgasms, Oral sex may still be an option.

kymberlia
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Your comment has made me feel more positive... I am hoping 13 days is enough for it to fix itself.  I'm not even having any bleeding..... and believe me, I asked immediately about orgasm and the dr said absolutly not.  Nothing that would make my uterus contract.  Guess my DH will be the only one "satisfied".  but he'll sure have alot of making up to do!  :)  trying to stay positive and not borrow any trouble in worrying.  trying also to remember that we cannot worry about the things we cannot control.... guess the problem is... not being able to control things!  hehe

Quoting TheMillerFamily:

I had complete placenta previa with my son. The placenta was also connected in the front and the back which is rare and my Placenta previa fixed itself!! The best part of this is getting multiple ultrasounds and getting to see your baby!!! I got 3 total!!

Don't worry about it, I think the percentage of it not fixing itself is like 5% or less.

Also about the sex, ask if you can still have Orgasms, Oral sex may still be an option.

kymberlia
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:18 AM

how long did it take to fix itself?

Quoting proudmommy0723:

I had placenta preva with my daughter, and it fixed itself.  So I would'nt worry too much.  Good Luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)