Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pushing out a toddler!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just got back from the doctor, and now I'm really worried about the delivery on Monday. According to ultrasound she is 10 pounds 5 ounces. I'm not even due until the 12th, but they are inducing me Monday because she is so big. As of right now I'm still pushing her out, but it could possibly change to a c section. I want them to take her c section anyways because of what the doctor said to me. She said that if her shoulders get stuck then it can cause nerve damage. I'd rather not have any nerve damage done to my infant. And once her head is out, it's not like they can push her back in and take her c section. I'm hoping they change it anyways. They got me really worried about the nerve damage thing. Oh and the fact that when I said I was scared about the delivery the doctor said she was too. I'm like AWESOME!! You're not supposed to say that to me!! So we'll see how it goes on Monday morning. Pray for me and my baby!! I hope everything goes well with her. I don't care how much pain I'm in, just as long as she is alright and doesn't have to feel any pain or have anything wrong with her. My baby isn't even here yet and they are already talking about damages. Great.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieofone06
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM

if your doc is nervous im sure they will go the other way with it ..........i dont think they would knowingly put u or the baby in danger......

toddler boymom of colby 09/30/06 happy new year 2009

murelzgirl
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Good luck momma.  Also, keep in mind that ultrasounds this far along are usually way off.  But, on another note, I had my son vaginally w/out an epidural and he was 10 pounds 6 ounces and 22 1/2 inches.  He was HUGE.  His shoulders did get stuck and I had about 5 nurse on me trying to help me get him out.  He had no nerve damage at all and came out perfectly healthy, thank God.  I just thought I would tell you my story, hope you feel a little better.  :-)

Kierri
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Try not to worry too much my dear. For one.. alot of the times when they say that the baby is 10lbs [because of the ultrasound] the baby comes out weighing 7 or 8lbs.

My mother gave birth of all of us vaginally and my older brother was 9lbs 10oz and I was 9lbs 10oz and my younger brother was 10lbs 10oz and my baby brother [who is now 3] was like 7 or 8. But yeah.. Don't stress out! Not good for the baby or you. Try to take a warm bath with candles and listen to some relaxing music. I wish you and your precious litlte one the best!!

chel1195
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Toddler... lol.  I know the feeling!  My DH is a freaking giant and I am a short little shrimp, lol.  My 3/yo was 7lbs 10oz and 23 inches long at 34 weeks!  If I would have gone full term- holy cow.  Just remember that they can be off- 2lbs either way.  If she is too big, I am sure the will csection.  No one wants a lawsuit!  Take a deep breath- it'll be alright!

**I am Chelsie, 23 and I am a single and pregnant mom.  I met and married the love of my life at 18.  I devoted my world to him and the life I thought we were building, together.  I followed him as he joined the Army because, it was his dream.  I believed all the lies he whispered in my ear and now I am here.  Going through a rough divorce after discovering his affairs and carrying another one of his children.  So if I seem a little bitter on the topic of 'men' I'm sorry, just pass my reply right on up.**

myspace.com/starter_wife_05

Mommy2BeFeb2009
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM

You should be fine.  The weight on an U/S can be off by 2 - 3 pounds so it sounds like your DR is very cautious and will do what is best for you and your baby.  Good Luck!

Proud Mommy to Samantha 4 years old
Eagerly Awaiting AUSTIN JOSEPH!
pregnancy calendar
kaciewor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM

sometimes they overestimate the weight. Probably will be fine!

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting another little one April 30th!stork

kno4eva
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:12 PM

They said my son was going to be atleast 11 pounds so they induced me too. But he was only 7 pounds 15 onces. So ultrasound can be wayyyy off this far along.

kissmiss213
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM

good luck, i hope everything is perfect! maybe she wont be as big as they think she is, they are often off.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Allison7777
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:03 PM

The u/s were 2 pounds off with each of my children. My son was 71/2 pounds (and they said over 9 1/2), and my daughter was 5 1/2 (and they said almost 8 pounds)! Now keep in mind that I was having u/s done weekly and at 2 different hospitals, and the weights were that far off. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Good Luck, whatever happens. I was induced and it landed me in a c-section. I did it OVER again, and went straight for the c-section. I would and am doing it over again. Induction is crazy, I'd much rather go straight for the section. She sounds as healthy as a horse, even if it's 2lbs. off...you're still having an 8lbs.+ baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)