Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

odd question... possibly TMI

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am 25 weeks pregnant, and since about.. christmas day, maybe the day after i noticed a small lump under my armpit it has happened to me on and off since i was about 15. i've had it checked out years ago and they said its really nothing to worry about not cancerous. Well it has since turned into an abscess, its very painful. I am just wondering if any of you moms on here have ever had it happen to you during pregnancy and what was done about it. I called my doctor but he's on vacation and won't be back until Tues. and I was going to see him on Tues anyway for my regular check up, so I will talk to him about it then anyways. I just don't want them to cut into it to drain it, i know that will hurt.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaciewor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:04 PM

don't know. Have you been sick or had and infection. I would think maybe its a lymphnode. Don't know though.

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting another little one April 30th!stork

melloxyellow
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM

yeah i was thinking lymphnode or something, i havent been sick at all, but i did shave on christmas eve under there and im wondering if that irritated it that bad, because i know that can do it as well. im just hoping i dont need an incision and drainage, and maybe there is a safe antibiotic i can take or something... tuesday just seems too far away now lol.

kaciewor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM

drink a lot of fluids I think this may help flush your system and try some citrus fruit for an immunity boost.

Proud wife to Jeff~  Mommy to Lainey* expecting another little one April 30th!stork

chartymcchar
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Your breast tissue can be in ur armpit too my friend has a "3rd boob" it lactates when she is breast feeding

hooraywesay
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I had a lump in my right armpit before I was pregnant-- I was worried at first, but then I squeezed it (I am a nurse... just can't help trying to treat myself sometimes!). It was just an infected hair follicle from an ingrown hair, and I emptied it out when I squeezed. I put some neosporin on it and it was better in a few days. (Sorry if TMI!)

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Dixichic
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM

ewww sorry but that freaked me out.

Quoting chartymcchar:

Your breast tissue can be in ur armpit too my friend has a "3rd boob" it lactates when she is breast feeding

pregnancy calendar
melloxyellow
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM

i tried to squeeze it but it hurts sooo bad, i did get a little bit out but not much at all and not even from where it was really swollen at. my DF keeps trying to get me to let him squeeze it but i get so nervous.

Quoting hooraywesay:

I had a lump in my right armpit before I was pregnant-- I was worried at first, but then I squeezed it (I am a nurse... just can't help trying to treat myself sometimes!). It was just an infected hair follicle from an ingrown hair, and I emptied it out when I squeezed. I put some neosporin on it and it was better in a few days. (Sorry if TMI!)

kaciewor
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM

sometimes this can irritate it more!

Quoting melloxyellow:

i tried to squeeze it but it hurts sooo bad, i did get a little bit out but not much at all and not even from where it was really swollen at. my DF keeps trying to get me to let him squeeze it but i get so nervous.

Quoting hooraywesay:

melloxyellow
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM

yeah i decided not to really do that anymore and wait to see what the doctor says on tuesday. i just dont want them to have to cut it open to drain it, i know i will feel immediate relief but it hurts sooo bad.

Quoting kaciewor:

sometimes this can irritate it more!

Quoting melloxyellow:

Quoting hooraywesay:

pd4now82
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I have this problem too, with both armpits.  My DH lovingly calls them my "third" and "forth" boobs.... I've never lactated from them but they have caused pain and irritation during pregnancy when my breasts grew.   The lumps in my armpits though are soft like the rest of the breast though since it's just breast tissue....they've never really become abscessed or anything.  Sorry.

Quoting chartymcchar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)