Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epidural or no epidural?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Love it or hate it?

Options:

Love epidural

Hate it

Got it but it sucked because it didn't work

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

I personally hated the thing.Labor for me was easy but I ended up with the horrible thing because they thought I was going to end up with a c-section.I did because I stoped dialating passed a 4.I blame that on the Mag.Anyways I happy my son is here and healthy and ow I'm pregnant again and hoping for a VBAC and no epidural.My doctor thought I was crazy because I said I didn't want it.HEHE!!Anyways did you love your or hate yours?Oh and the main reason I hate it is because it gave me horrible back pain and 2 weeks after I had my son a 14 day long headache which my doctor even blamed on the epidural.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelsmom3
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:32 PM

all i can say is i did my first one with no meds and going to do this one with no meds and i was in labor with my daughter for 14 hours with no meds to me its not that bad but it depends on how much pain you can take

pd4now82
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I've never had one and don't plan on having one ever unless it was needed for something like an emergency c-section or something.....  My sisters have had real bad experiences with them, and while I know it's not ALWAYS the case, there's just too many horror stories for me.....  No thanks!   I'm going to try to have all my children naturally ---- I've done it once, and know I can do it again!  But...for the record...fast deliveries run in my family and dd came four hours after my water broke - and my water broke out of no where, no labor pains prior.   I might speak differently if I had long labors.

honeybee871
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM

my epidural with my first didn't work.. then when i had my second baby i didn't get one in time. i am not even trying to get one this time.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Ya I labored for 11 hours then I ended with the c-section and epidural.They popped my water and that was the other reason why they decided to go with the c-section.They wanted me awake for it so I agree'd to it.In away I wanted to sleep because I was already up for 48 hours wth horrible pains from the placenta trying to come off.I had pre-e and all of that.

Quoting rachelsmom3:

all i can say is i did my first one with no meds and going to do this one with no meds and i was in labor with my daughter for 14 hours with no meds to me its not that bad but it depends on how much pain you can take

Emily4536
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I was so against having an epi but after 30 hours of horriable labor i got one. and it'sa good thing because no matter how many postion my dr and i tried while i was pushing my daughter was stuck in my pelvic bone we push for 4 hours and ended up with c-sec  so my labor in total was 34 hours aand man was i misarble after about 24 hour

ang3la
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I'm a all natural type of gal! no epi for me!

Malayahsmom06
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I got one with my first and plan to again. I have a low pain tolerance and why put yourself through un-neccessary pain?

Mrs.CoachB
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I've done it both ways and I like it without the epi better. I am ttc #3 and I plan to not have one.

jena2434
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM

well with my first the anesthesiologist was in emergency surgery and I was not able to get the epidural..it was horrible at the time and I was begging for one! but my next one I will go natural again. It was all worth it in the end and I now know that I can do it so why not go for it again ;)

flowergirl54
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I'm all for the epidural, but had 2 large babies. having a c-section for the 3rd, so it will be automatic epidural. My philosophy is that I wouldn't have dental work done the "old fashioned way" without painkiller, so why would i deliver a baby without it. It made my experience much more pleasant and the babies were fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)