Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Passing Clots and Heavy Bleeding at 18 weeks HELP??

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

SO my husband rused me to the hopital on new years after noon. I was at home walkin to my closet in my room and all the sudden the gush of blood poured down my leg and Two blood clots fell out of me all ove my carpet. We went to the ER and they did and ultrasound said the baby was fine and had a good heart beat so when the ER doc cam and did a pelvic exam she said my cervix was slighty open and that the bleeding was probly from my placenta. she seemed to not know much but the fact that my cervix is slighty open freaks me out because i know it should be closed nice and tight. Im so scared that my placenta is gonna rip away from my uterus wall ive heard so many stories about that. Im on bed rest until i can get an appt with my OB but they where closed the day after new years so i have to wait until monday. also we tried going to labor and delivery but they said anyone under 20 weeks has to go to ER because there is nothing they can do for anyone under 20 weeks. its only a two weeks diffrence has anyone been through this.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Oh wow, sorry for such a scare.  I have never been through anything very similiar...although I did miscarry at 14 weeks last year...I would just stay calm and try to think positive thoughts and just know that your baby will be okay with whatever happens.  I know that's hard, but nature will take its' course the way it's suppose to.  I'll pray for ya mama.  Sorry you are going through the mental pain...It sucks, I know.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:49 PM

wow that is insane I'm sorry your going through this but in my opinion you should try L/D again and see if you get someone different because anytime after 16weeks if you experience something like this they have to atleast monitor you and if it is labor they can try to stop it if its not to late.Good luck hope everything goes well.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM

oh ur ob affice and the answering service has to tell the doctor..its an emergency..just make sure you stay off ur feet if ur cervix is open i know they can put in a few stitches to close it up till ur ready to have ur baby..about the placenta idk....

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

plz keep us posted good luck mamahugs

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I've never personally beent hrough that but wiht my first pregnancy and this one i have had alot of problems and our hospital is the same way they won;t send you to L&D until 20 weeks because they can;t do anything. I would just make sure to follow up with your OB ASAP. Good luck!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I am, only my cerix is still closed or they think it could be this rare thing where your cervix opens and  closes and opens and closes when it feels  like.

They  are giving me as much info as you. I am just waiting on an appt with my midwife, but you're not alone....

american flag ribbonbaby boyexpecting baby

by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I've had this happen to me. First with my first daughter, I started bleeding with her in my 15th week and it lasted a month and she ended up being just fine. I had my second baby with no problems. But the third time I got pregnant, I started bleeding in my 12th week and baby was still there with a good heartbeat, but two weeks went by and I woke up about 1 a.m. with major bleeding and blood clots like your describing....went back to ER and baby was gone. Hopefully you will be o.k., just take it easy and put yourself on bedrest until your sure everything will be o.k.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Omg I dont think that is normal at all! I think they should be doing more for you and FAST!

**Proud Stay At Home Mommy!** 

preview image
                                    Baby number 2...... Jameson Cole!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I am preggo with twins and at 12 weeks I was sitting watching TV and I felt a huge gush. I went to the bathroom and I was bleeding more than a heavy period. I was sure I lost both babies. I went to the ER and everything was fine. I had an ultrasound and it turned out that I had a subchorionic bleed(basically a tear in my placenta) I was told to take it easy and eventually the tear replaced itself. I know when you see that much blood you think "how am I NOT losing my baby/babies." but it is possible I am 20 weeks and the twins are just fine. I know this is a very scary time, but try to remain positive and take it easy! ((hugs))

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:34 PM

i had kind of the same thing happen to me.. in may 2008 i was 4 months pregnant and i was getting ready in the morning when all of a sudden i just started gushing out blood and clots everywhere i was positive i had lost the baby so i got  rushed into the hospital i had already stopped bleeding so i was doing all the paperwork and what not then when they put me in the room they monitored the baby and the heartbeat was strong and the baby was fine they did an ultrasound and they said everything was ok the doctor on call checked me stuck his fingers in me and said everything felt ok that it could have been i was stressing on then about a month later i was a day away from 5 months the srmaping started all day then at night i couldnt stand it so i went to the hospital and started gushing out blood and clots all over again i mean it was just non stop blood coming out like gallons and gallons of water so when they did the ultrasound they told me that my placenta was detached and ruptured and my water broke and a couple of hours later the baby came out on its own and had already passed inside me and was gone...i know its scary the first thing that comes to mind is ive lost  the baby already...but hang in there just stay on bedrest i heard that if something is going on differently in ur body that if u just rest for the time being til u deliver the baby can wishes keep me updated on how ur feelinghugs

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)