Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water Breaking question piog

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was induced last time so the pitocin did the full dilation and effacement. I was completely closed and long cervix before the induction so my water broke during active labor. My question is if you are not induced but not dilated or effaced at all and your water breaks for whatever reason(early labor, labor, big baby, a fall etc.) Does it come out or is it stuck up in the uterus?? Just curious since i never went into labor naturally.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kat247
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Not sure my waters never broke on it own but heres a bump for ya....

seniortmb07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Here's a bump.
How far along where you when they induced?

*****Ready for this? I'm 20 years old, with my first son on the way who just so happens to be mixed, high school graduate, planning on going back to college, Army Reserves kind of mom. I will formula feed, share my room with my son, won't let him CIO, will use disposable diapers, live at home with my mom. I'm not with his father and not sure where we stand at the moment but he is still involved, and I feed him the good stuff b/c I don't need junk food. I will continue on in my life without so much of a blink your way unless what you say is helpful and not rude. So thank you, I'm a young mom determined to break the stereotype b/c young mom's do it best!!*****

LindseyAnne7
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

mine didn't break til i was fully dilated, but i'd assume that there would be at least some trickling if it broke like you've described.

.imperfection is beauty.

.madness is genius && it's better to be. 
              .absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

MommysCrazy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

It either gushes out or dribbles out depending on where it broke on the bag....but ou will definitely notice

1of6kids
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I was 37 wks along when induce for preeclampsia. Not a fun experience so im hoping that i get to go into labor naturally this time.

Quoting seniortmb07:

Here's a bump.
How far along where you when they induced?

787BabyMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM

My water broke at 36 weeks.  I had no contractions or other signs of labor with it.  It DEFINATELY came out.  A lot.

jencris
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:27 PM

With my first my water broke at 38 weeks. It was just a little trickle every few minutes and then it just eventually fully broke. With my second, i was 7 centimeters when it broke and it was a huge gush.

HotAZMama
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Yeah, It definately either dribbles out or comes gushing out...it doesn't get stuck inside.

1JN2BC
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM

same here only i was 36w 1d. i wasn't quite 2cm & 70% effaced when my water broke with my 1st. good luck momma!

Quoting 787BabyMom:

My water broke at 36 weeks.  I had no contractions or other signs of labor with it.  It DEFINATELY came out.  A lot.

pregnancy calendar
baby growth
mama217
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:32 PM

mine broke at 38 wks and i wasn't even dilated to a 1 yet. it was a big gush and then some trickling.....then when i got to the hospital a few more big gushes. doc had told me before hand to expect it because i had more amniotic fluid than most patients she had seen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)