Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent about stupid ultrasound tech!!! UPDATED!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

I need to vent to someone besides my poor DH before I seriously lose my mind.  We went Tuesday for our 20 week ultrasound and this tech is horrible.  The procedure might have lasted 20 minutes.  He didn't check the blood flow in the cord or in the heart to make sure all 4 chambers were working properly.  And our pictures are horrible.  Last thing he checked was gender and says its a boy but you couldn't tell at all, looked like the cord to us (our 5th baby so we know).  Mind you this same man tried telling me at my first ultrasound for this baby(10 weeks) that I didn't know when my last period was.  GRRR!  I'm gonna file a complaint cause this is really eating at me.  What would you gals do???

Thanks for letting me vent.

UPDATE!!  I finally called to file a complaint and the office manager said that the tech had been let go.  Guess I wasn't the only one to complain.  I get to see a new tech when I go back on the 20th. 

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Wow, 52 views and not one single reply. Thanks.

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I would have been mad too! Vent away girl vent away!

"An angel in the book of life
wrote down my babys birth,
and whispered as she closed the book
'Too Beautiful For Earth."

Lorren Kay Landry  6/19/07

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM

you can complain if you want...  but if your doctor has an issue with the fact that certain things weren't checked (like the heart) he/she would most likely want you to get another one done. 

.imperfection is beauty.

.madness is genius && it's better to be. 
              .absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I'd tell the office about it... Ours missed twins up until 20wks so maybe they went to the same school. lol - I'd put in a complaint, and make sure I never got that tech again.

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Do you not have an appt with your dr after the ultrasound? The reason I ask is b/c at my dr office they schedule you an appt with the tech, then an appt with dr right after so they are back to back so that the dr can go over the results of ultrasound. I would just bring up your concerns at your next appt and let your dr know that you don't feel that the tech checked things out throughly enough. Sorry you had such a crappy appt. Hopefully, you can get another appt to reassure you.

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Iw ould definitly complain and I would request another ultrasound with a different tech.  Good luck!

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:51 PM

at my 20 week appt. the lady was awful. She was upset because the baby moved too much and she couldn't get good pics of anything. I would have told the doctor and asked for another one but the doctor had told me that he was going to send me to another place with better equipment to get one done because it was pointless sending me back to that tech. So maybe you should tell your doctor your concerns and you can get another one done with a different person

by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:22 PM

i know how you feel.. i only got one ultrasound my entire pregnancy with my second one idk why.. but he was a jerk and called me a lier and told me i wasnt 20 weeks that i was 15.. boy was he wrong.. i was almost 20 weeks.. my baby was just small. they screw up so much that he was alomst 3 weeks late.. how i know that is about 2 weeks before i had him the placenta started to tear away and i would have sharp pains, but my dr wouldnt listen to son was very sick when he was born.. i didnt get to see him but a minute in 2-3 days..i finally got to  feed him when he was 3 days old..

by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 2:15 AM

i would demand a different us by another tech or go to a different place to get it done.... i definityly wouldn't go back there though.

by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 2:19 AM

definitely complain! make sure they check that heart out thoroughly. they missed my son's heart defect completely due to a crappy tech and I wish now i had complained more and been less of a nice patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)