Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Allergic to soda??!?!?!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I have ONE allergy and that is to onions....i get really sick (vomiting) well I think I am allergic to Cherry 7Up!! It seems CRAZY to me! I had one glass 2 days ago before bed and I woke up that night coughing really hard. I thought I was going to be sick! I didn't get sick but the coughs tasted like the soda. I didnt put any thought into it. But then I had another glass yesterday and when I went to take a nap the SAME thing happened!! It woke me up again! Also my tongue felt all swollen and on one side it felt like it was all sore (like a bit it or burned it but I didnt).  I obviously didnt drink any since and I havnt had it happen again.  Does this sound like an allergy?? Can you possibly be allergic to one kind of soda?? I have had 7Up but I don't think i have ever had Cherry before.....

 


                 expecting girl                                      baseball
            Makayla  due 2/23/09!!                                  Matthew Dylan 3/9/05




by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sofienguyen08
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I use to know a guy who was allergic to EVERY type of soda. But yes, I think you can be allergic to only one type of soda. Just like you can be allergic to only one type of vegetable, lol. :]


new baby

sparklebug86
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM

That happens to me when I drink sprite. I choke in my sleep and feel like im going to throw up. Its caused my acid reflux :) Hopefully you arent allergic.

daydreaminmom
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM

It makes perfect sense to be only allergic to one kind when you think about it. Every soda has different stuff in it so you're likely only going to react to one kind (or in your case, it could be something in the cherry flavor, so watch out for cherry coke, cherry pepsi, etc.).




p19eri
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM

omg i thought i was the only person in the world that caught an allergic reaction to 7 up. when ever i would have a glass of 7 up i would later break out in hives and my tongue would feel swollen.  this had never happen to me and has not happened since i stop drinking 7 up. i can drink sprite or mountain dew and i never get the reaction. that's is so weird i have never seen someone have that happened to them too.

 pink ribbonjigsaw ribbonred ribbon

Chrissy9479
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM

 you could be allergic to the red dye in it. My best friend can't eat or drink anything with red 40 in it without getting sever headachs. or it could be the flavoring they use too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN