Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Born at 36 weeks....

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 34 Replies

I was just wanting to know if any of you had any of your little ones 36 weeks or earlier. Just because I have mild preeclampsia and I concerned that if she comes early will there be complications. So did your babies come out fine or did they have to be hooked up to machines at first? Any stories and input is much appreciated.

by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I had my twins at 29wks, and they were in NICU for a while, but they are fine now.

good luck

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Well not me personally, but my friend's daughter was born at 35 weeks.  She was in the NICU for I think 1 1/2 weeks.

Jayvue
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I am 37 weeks today and had an amnio to check my babies lung development and it came back not mature enough to induce me...I hopefully am being induced next Monday due to severe back problems due to a two level lumbar fusion.

787BabyMom
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM

My girl was born at 36 weeks.  She came out perfect except for a little bit of jaundice.  She was 6 lb 3 oz and spent no time in the NICU.  We went home together after a few days in the hospital.

reelo
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM

My middle child was born at 36 weeks, I was having all sorts of issues with pre-e actually, my doc was hoping to make it to 37 weeks before inducing, but I went into labor on my own and that was it.  He was fine, he did need help at first with some oxygen, but they were able to take him off that pretty quickly and he was able to come home the next day and other then a UTI a few weeks later they believed was related to his kidneys and colon not being completely mature, he has been fine.

7lbs 6oz and almost 20 inches long :)  We both did just fine, natural and short labor and my issues were resolved with delivery.

JEM86
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quoting 787BabyMom:

My girl was born at 36 weeks.  She came out perfect except for a little bit of jaundice.  She was 6 lb 3 oz and spent no time in the NICU.  We went home together after a few days in the hospital.

same here except mine was 6lbs 10 oz

AmandaH628
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:55 PM

My little man was born at 35 weeks and was just over 5lbs.  He was fine, we got out of the hospital at 2 days after birth.  He did get jaundice a week later and has had other issues since, but in the hospital he was fine, lungs were developed, etc.  He's a fighter :)

1JN2BC
by on Jan. 6, 2009 at 5:58 PM

my son was born at 36 weeks 1 day... 6lbs 6.5oz and 19in... he had minor issues keeping his body temp but other than that no problems. we got to go home after a day and a half...

he is now 14 months and is about 20lbs and 30in... here he is at 1 year

pregnancy

baby growth
Kaleigh92805

I was born at 32 weeks.I was 3lbs 2 oz.I spent about a month in the NICU. I dont know what happened when I came out. I know that I had IVs hooked up in my head and I had to be fed by tube because I couldnt sallow. I am fine now though. When I came home I had a heart monitor. They told me parents that I would be slow, but I'm not. So that is my story. Hopefully it doesnt scare you.

Blakesmom1230

My daughter was born at 36 weeks and she was fine, my son was born at 42 weeks and had to spend a week and a half in the NICU. You never know. i think 36 is a pretty safe point most of the time. Girls do better than boys, I do know that doctors claim that is true and I have seen it myself. My niece was born at 27 weeks. She did great even though she was in the NICU for several, several weeks. My friends son was born at 34 weeks and didn't do well at all, he barely made it...so you just never ever know.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker>Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerDaisypath Anniversary Years TickerLove My Baby Girl Pictures, Images and Photos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured