Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THiS COULD BE? TMi

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

Today my cousin found out she was pregnant, she hasnt been to the doctor yet but according to her LMP she should be nomore then 4 weeks maybe even 3. So today she was using the bathroom and she said that when she wiped there was a smear of like a brownish discharge and in the toilet she saw a tiny bit of it floating, then when she took a shower she felt bad cramps then felt something come out so she put her finger down there to see if anything was coming out and on her finger was a clump of thick mucusy brownish what i guess was discharge (she showed it to me) and it had brown spots on it that was darker then the discharge itself, she described it as looking like cinnamon (sp) sprinkles. Anyone know what this could be? She is gonna set up a dr appt tomorrow but for the time being she wants an idea of what it could be. FYI she no longer feels bad cramps just mild ones. This is also her first pregnancy.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommy2be1809
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM

it more than likely is just implantation bleeding.  I wouldnt worry to much about it.  when i was like 5 wks before i even knew i was pg i had horrible cramps i swore my period was gonna start. 

MissAndrea125
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:31 AM

If you're wondering if it could be a miscarriage, it sounds like it could be. Anything can cause it, it happens a lot even when the mother doesn't know she was pregnant.

mom2wy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Brown blood usually means old blood. I would say it could be one of two things. It is probably just some blood that was in her uterus from her last menstral and the baby growing is causing it to come out. Or not to scare you or her it could be an early miscarriage. As long as it doesnt get red and she isnt passing clots then she needs to just make an appt with her doc and try her hardest to relax. Sending good vibes to you both!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)