Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Augmentation and Breast Feeding

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

Many told me (my mother, friends, father, SO...) that i should wait until i have children to get a breast augmentation. of course i didn't listen got a breast augmentation... size DD and in eight months became pregnant. so now i am 26 weeks and my breasts have reached a size F and are getting stretch marks. i know that there is not much besides for applying lotions and creams to help the stretch marks but what i am really curious about is if i breast feed will my  boobs get really really big then after i stop return to the bag size and because the implant is so large become heavy and sag... can i even breast feed with implants? so pretty much moral of story wait to get a breast augmentation or at least get a human size breast not a DD :)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
miss_nevin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:39 AM

haha wow.. i dont think you can breastfeed with inplants...

but would like to know if it hurt.. and if you were happy with them... and how much you paid.. mm guess i shouldnt ask but been wanting to get them since the first kid

rybell04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:50 AM

i don't mind answering any questions! I actually was very very happy with them before i became pregnant. i went from a B to a DD, i had very large areolas before i had them done and now they actually fit the size of my breasts which i was going for. because i am a very active person, snowboarding, wakeboarding, etc.... i decided on saline (solution found in iv bags) which is less expensive then silicone. i paid $6,300 and the doctor did a great job, he went right underneath the areola, my scars are very tiny and i got a bag type called moderate plus because my body shape is narrow. that way when i lay on my back they don't fall to underneath my armpits... they go outwards more than being wide! i think that breast augmentation is a great decision just not size DD... o and i went underneath the muscle so the recovery was about a week... GL

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:45 AM

breast implants usually do not effect your ability to nurse, but it is something that you will just have to wait and see. as for the stretch marks, do not scratch yourself and make sure to apply CREAM (not lotion, cream is thicker and penetrates better) as often as you can. most larger chested women become somewhat saggy after pregnancy. you will probably notice after you stop nursing that the girls aren't perky anymore. good luck!!!

stephiepattie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Hey! I have natural DD's! They are two human sized! lol I don't know if it would affect your ability to nurse, I do however know that when I went for a reduction cunsultation that they said if I went below a C is would greatly reduce any chance I'd have to nurse (go figure I want to be a B). I would ask your OB and your plastic surgeon about how pregnancy will affect your assets in the long run, although I'm not sure I agree they'd actually be less perky as that's part of what the bags are there to do.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:13 AM

I have implants and yes!! you can breastfeed!! I am going strong and going on 3 months!! You just have to have more patience and dedication. Depending on your incision and the implant placement it can make it more difficult.

My nurse practioner said that at my 6 week check up I wasthe only woman with implants she'd ever seen still breastfeeding by the postnatal checkup since she syarted practising 10 years ago. remember, it can be harder but you can do it! don't give up!! see an LC as many times as you need to get it right!

rybell04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM

*let me say this :) natural DD are human size alot of my friends are double d's hehe i just notice that is seems like fake ones protrude about six inches outward and kinda look alien like :)

smushy79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I am due in April with my 3rd baby, and I got implants in 06. I dont plan on breast feeding though, but I am sure it can be done. I was also afraid of strecth marks, but so far so good. I would just apply that stretch mark cream on them.

valentineritz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I have breast implants also. I am 36 weeks pregnant and in the 1st trimester I did get stretch marks on my boobs. OH well, just goes with the territory. I was really worried about being able to breastfeed because I really want to. My implants were done through the armpit so no milk ducts were cut in the process. I am leaking colostrum so I know that I will be able to breastfeed! You will just have to wait and see if you can or not. You should be able to tell by the end of the 2nd trimester. You will notice your nipples changing and after a hot shower or bath you might be able to express some colostrum.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)